Anger Management Counseling in Miami, FL—Counseling, Therapy for Anger Issues
Allen hit snooze one too many times this morning when getting out of bed. Because of this, he is running late to work and knows that he is probably going to hit traffic on the way in. As he is pulling out of his driveway, he realizes that he left his lunch on the kitchen counter. He curses, slams his hand onto his steering wheel, and runs back in the house. Finally on the road, another driver does not use their turn signal and cuts Allen off as he is trying to take his exit. This angers Allen and he throws up both of his middle fingers and a slew of curse words fly from his mouth. Already worked up by the time he arrives at his office, he flies off the handle when his co-worker asked how his morning was. Now there is an awkward tension amongst the team.
Some mornings, it just seems like nothing can go right. From the alarm clock, to leaving his lunch, to the bad driver, Allen definitely had some stressors throughout his morning. It happens to the best of us. However, the way Allen handled his stress was explosive and full of anger. Controlling your anger can be extremely difficult, especially when we react out of emotion before we have time to think.
A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret.”
If you struggle to control your anger and the way you react to certain stressors in your life, you might greatly benefit from working with an anger management specialist. At Thriveworks Miami, we have anger therapists who are devoted to helping their clients learn how to channel their feelings and emotions into better outlets. They have helped so many people, like Kevin, process their anger. If you think that you would make the most of anger management, consider working with us. To get started, just call (754) 400-5514.
Do I Need to Pursue Anger Management?
Some people are able to acknowledge that their anger outbursts are unhealthy and don’t help the situation they are in. Other people have a hard time admitting that they need anger management help. Consider these few questions to get a better idea if you might be the right fit:
- Do you get irritated or frustrated quickly?
- Are you quick to start fights with people?
- Do you resort to physical violence? (hitting walls or people, slamming things down,
- Do you tend to release your anger without giving it much thought?
- Have you ever been hostile with your loved ones?
- Do you threaten to hurt other people?
If you answered to some or most of these questions, then you might have anger issues. The good news is, you can learn how to manage these feelings and reactions. There’s always hope to grow and counseling can help you get there. With a little professional guidance, you can learn to be in control again and mend the feelings and relationships that have suffered in the past.
What Does Anger Management Counseling Look Like?
Thriveworks Miami strives to provide you with well-rounded, unique care. We understand that every person’s situation and concerns are different. That’s why your stress counselor will work with you to create an individualized plan of action based on your needs. A few common tools that your therapist might practice with you are:
- How to change your surroundings when you are having a flare-up
- How to change the way you think
- Strategies for relaxation
- Effective communication skills
- Problem-solving techniques
- Ways to repair and strengthen your relationships
- Learn how to meditate or practice yoga the next time you feel yourself getting angry
- How to acknowledge what made you mad and how to manage the anger you feel from that instance. For example, if someone cuts you off in traffic, try slowing down a little bit to give you distance between the car in front of you and your own.
- Focus on the bigger picture. Will getting angry help you achieve your goal?
- Learn when you need to leave the room or area you are in to walk off your anger and give yourself more time to think about the situation
Anger does not have to be a life sentence. You can manage your anger and build loving, trusting relationships back up. Anger does not just affect you; it affects the people around you, too. By learning these anger management tools, you can get to a place that feels safer for everyone. There is no reason to keep suffering from your outburst. Our anger therapists at Thriveworks Miami Counseling can help.
Get Started with an Anger Management Therapist at Thriveworks Miami, FL
If you want to live your life without uncontrollable anger, the therapists at Thriveworks Miami have the tools needed to help you. To get started, you can schedule an appointment through our online booking portal or by calling (754) 400-5514. We have daytime, evening, and weekend appointments to meet the needs of your schedule. Let us help you make positive changes in your life.