Kayley and Andrew got married six months ago, and from the outside, they appear as though they couldn’t be happier. Both of them are still doing well at their jobs, and their friend groups have still been able to enjoy their company, despite being newlyweds. Everything seems to be going well for both partners, except for when they’re alone. After dinner, Kayley’s waves of anxiety seem to reverberate throughout the house—although she doesn’t mean to, she often becomes overwhelmed thinking about the next day’s tasks and challenges. When Kayley gets stressed, she verbally lashes out at Andrew, who tends to retaliate with hurtful words of his own.
Neither Kayley nor Andrew wants to continue fighting, and that’s why they’ve decided that it’s time for them to consider marriage counseling for their relationship’s toughest issues. Although neither of them has been to therapy or counseling before, both partners are ready to engage with their marriage counselor and to learn to communicate effectively and healthily. With a renewed ability to compromise and set boundaries, Kayley and Andrew hope that their relationship will recover as they work their way through marriage counseling.
Like Kayley and Andrew, many couples also seek to reconcile their differences through couples therapy or marriage counseling at Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR. With one of our counselors or therapist’s assistance, you and your partner can reconnect with each other and yourselves. Take some time to consider whether your relationship could benefit from a professional’s assistance. If so, Call Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR; we’re ready to work with you.
Do We Need to Talk with a Counselor or Therapist?
Deciding whether or not to talk with one of our providers is a personal decision that you and your spouse or partner will need to make independently. However, we still believe that any couple, regardless of their relationship’s age or situation, can benefit from counseling or therapy services. In fact, couples therapy and marriage counseling at Thriveworks isn’t about being perfect or happy in our relationship all of the time. Instead, it’s about learning to be honest, open, and willing to compromise with our partner.
If you’re in a relationship that’s suffering from unhealthy or negative dynamics, it’s possible that you’re experiencing:
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
What Are the Benefits of Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling?
Partnering with one of our providers at Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR can open the door to professional insight and guidance as well as coping strategies and communication tools designed specifically for your relationship’s problems. Our providers can help you both to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
Moving forward may not seem easy, but with a professional’s support, it’s possible to find the healing and progress that you need. In fact, talking openly and honestly with one of our providers is a great way to ensure that they understand your situation and can provide you with the tools you need so you can both succeed.
Call Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR to Schedule Relationship Counseling Today
When you both decide to reach out and talk with a marriage counselor or couple’s therapist at our office in Jonesboro, AR you’ll be connected with a provider who cares. It might be encouraging to note that most of our clients have their first appointment within 24-48 hrs of contacting the office. So give us a call to get started with the scheduling process; doing so will unlock exclusive benefits for both of you to take advantage of, including:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- Same and next-day session availability: Skip the lines and the wait—get connected fast as a Thriveworks client.
Our romantic relationships are often the most intense and rewarding experiences in our lives. But when things begin to veer off course, it’s important to get the help you both need in order to keep your relationship (and yourselves) intact and healthy. If you’re interested in how connecting with a mental health professional could benefit your relationship, call Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR today.