Kelly knows that something is bothering her; the past month has felt like hell. Even though she has tried to express the frustration and cold emptiness she’s feeling on the inside, it hasn’t worked so far. While Kelly realizes she might be depressed or anxious, she’s not entirely sure what the problem is, or where it’s coming from. In the meanwhile, she’s tried to be proactive by talking to her partner, her friends, and parents. Nothing is working, and she’s beginning to lose sleep and performance points at work.
But not wanting to give up, Kelly is considering her complete list of options. And she’s realizing that it’s time for her to talk with a psychologist—someone who’s professional experience and insight can help guide her out of the negative headspace that she’s stuck in. Although it could take her some time to fully open up and understand what’s causing her mental health challenges, Kelly feels like she’s ready to address what’s holding her back with counseling or therapy sessions with a psychologist.
Like Kelly, you may also be looking to find support and relief from what’s troubling you through mental health services. At Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR rest assured that you can talk with one of our psychologists about the problems that you’re faced with. Through attending counseling or therapy sessions, you can partner up with one of our industry-leading psychologists for next-level, personalized mental health care.
What Is a Psychologist and How Can They Help Me?
Psychologists are licensed mental health professionals with years of clinical experience. They often hold advanced degrees related to mental health studies or research, and can diagnose and treat many different types of conditions. At Thriveworks, our psychologists often use talk or behavioral therapy methods to help you talk through what’s holding you back; by slowly allowing yourself to feel comfortable talking about uncomfortable topics, you’ll gain deeper insights into the events, emotions, or scenarios that are troubling you most.
Some of the situations or mental health conditions that a Thriveworks psychologist can address include:
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
Our psychologists can also help to reconnect you with friends, family, and romantic partners through group counseling sessions. Attending therapy or counseling with the ones that you could help to improve your:
- Romantic relationships or marital problems
- Family relationships
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills and ability to compromise
Connect Virtually with Online Counseling
Our psychologists are also available virtually through online counseling, the modern choice in mental health services. Now it’s easier than ever to find time for counseling when you can connect with your provider from home, on the go, or while traveling. Additionally, online counseling may be an attractive option if you’re looking to:
- Avoid any potential anxiety or embarrassment that arises for some people during in-person sessions.
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session.
Online counseling is also a great way for those with family obligations, odd work schedules, or health-related issues to still get access to their psychologist without compromise. And for families and couples, you can receive couples or family therapy even if you live in separate households.
Book a Therapy Session with a Thriveworks Psychologist in Jonesboro, AR
It’s never been easier to prioritize your mental health needs with the expert advice and guidance of a psychologist at Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR. If you’re ready to work with one of our psychologists to find relief, contact our office to begin the scheduling process. Our scheduling team is available seven days a week to assist you, and with their aid, you can quickly set up your in-person meeting. And after you’ve become a client, you’ll get instant access to insider benefits, including:
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- Online therapy options
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
Take the time to consider if you’re ready to explore new territory and find your emotional balance. With the assistance of a psychologist at Thriveworks, you can become better equipped to handle life’s ups and downs. Our psychologists can partner with you to help address and manage the mental health concerns that are most important to you.