Finn can’t seem to keep his performance review out of his mind. He knows that he’s done a great job at work for the past six months, but somehow, Finn manages to get caught up in an endless loop of what-if scenarios. And with the minutes ticking down until he needs to head to the conference room, he knows that he’ll need to get it together if he wants to look professional in front of his manager. He wonders: What makes him so anxious during the moments that he needs to remain calm?
Finn knows that the answer probably isn’t simple. And with so many years of dealing with the same stress and anxiety, he knows that ultimately, he’s going to need help getting past his anxiety. That’s why he’s planning on scheduling an anxiety therapy session after work; something to both address the issue and also provide him with assistance from a mental health professional. Though he knows it may take a few sessions to see a difference in his anxiety, Finn is hopeful that anxiety therapy might offer him relief from the anxiety he’s been dealing with.
Anxiety is a familiar feeling to many of us; but when our occasional anxiousness transforms into a persistent issue, then it’s possible that mental health services might be able to better assist you. And with help from Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR there’s no need to go it alone. Our counselors, therapists, and psychiatrists can all help to treat anxiety. So whether you’re looking for a new provider or it’s your first time seeking out services, call our office to get matched with a professional who cares.
Do I Have Clinical Anxiety?
The only way to get an accurate diagnosis is from a mental health professional, like our team in Jonesboro, AR. Anxiety is something that can manifest differently for everyone, so symptoms may not always look exactly the same from person to person. However, clinical anxiety (or recurring anxiety) is often experienced as:
- Constantly feeling stressed
- Desire to avoid social encounters
- Reliving traumatic experiences in dreams or flashbacks
- Racing thoughts, inability to focus on daily tasks
- Constant fatigue
If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms listed above then it’s best to schedule a session with a mental health professional to see if you have clinical anxiety. In the meantime, it’s better not to self-diagnose—only those who are qualified, like the providers at Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR can help diagnose mental health conditions.
When you seek out our services you may choose to be matched with either a therapist, counselor, or psychiatrist. All of these providers can diagnose and help to treat anxiety, but they do so in different ways. Therapists and counselors primarily use talk therapy or behavioral therapy to achieve results, while psychiatrists can prescribe medication to alleviate their client’s symptoms of anxiety, making more serious forms of anxiety disorders easier to manage.
Are There Different Kinds of Anxiety? Which Anxiety Disorder Do I Have?
Though there are many types of anxiety disorders, some of the more common include:
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety induces distress while engaging with other people. Everything from grocery runs to birthday parties can be cumbersome, fear-filled events.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder can cause panic attacks. These physical episodes might result in dizziness, chest pain, vertigo, and nausea.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): GAD causes anxiety in different scenarios, whether real or imagined. This disorder can be difficult to identify because it isn’t triggered by any single source of anxiety.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): This disorder often induces irrational thought loops, or impulses to perform random physical actions in repetition.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): PTSD, can occur in anyone that has been through a psychologically or physically painful event. Those who suffer from it are often privy to flashbacks to traumatic events, nightmares, and antisocial behavior.
Schedule Anxiety Therapy and Psychiatric Care with Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR
If you’re experiencing recurrent anxiety, there’s no reason to continue pushing forward by yourself. By reaching out to our office in Jonesboro, AR you could be partnered with a counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. When you decide to call, our scheduling specialists will assist you with the membership process. They’re available seven days a week and can help with setting up your insurance, finding the right provider, and browsing available session times. Choosing to become a Thriveworks member opens the door to exclusive benefits, such as:
- A flexible 23.5-hour cancellation policy—just let us know less than a day before your appointment if you can’t make it
- Online psychiatric services from the comfort of your home
- High-touch support from our scheduling team
- Evening and weekend session times
- Our life coach Q/A chat line for questions you might have in between sessions
When anxiety becomes a persistent, disruptive presence in your life, it might be time to consider whether talking with a mental health professional could help. Your anxiety doesn’t have to claim another day; call Thriveworks in Jonesboro, AR. We’re ready to team up with you as you start making the first steps towards better mental health.