.page-id-220161 .menu-item-219883 display:none!important
The psychotherapist David Richo once stated, “Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful parts of us.” He’s absolutely right, but when we’re alone with our feelings, staring into a gaping emotional wound might not sound that inviting. That’s why we conduct these explorations of ourselves and our pasts alongside compassionate, nonjudgmental, helpful guides. These expert guides are mental health professionals like therapists and counselors.
But it’s not always easy to fit therapy into your schedule. Online counseling at Thriveworks in Joliet, IL is a way to talk to a licensed mental health provider from the comfort of your own home in a way that’s secure, safe, affordable, and convenient. Uninsured residents can access Thriveworks’ mental health services here, while residents with insurance can schedule an appointment here (where any out-of-pocket expenses will be covered).
Is Online Counseling Just as Effective as In-person Counseling?
Studies have shown that online counseling can achieve the same beneficial outcomes as in-person counseling. Though, of course, not all online counseling sessions are created alike. At Thriveworks in Joliet, IL, fully licensed mental health providers like licensed professional counselors (LPCs), social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists offer full-length therapy sessions of the same high quality as in-person sessions. The only major difference is your location. Through secure video conferencing, you and your counselor can still read each other’s nonverbal cues. You can develop rich, fruitful relationships without ever meeting in person.
Other benefits of online counseling at Thriveworks in Joliet, IL include the following:
- You can attend therapy sessions without needing to take hours off work to go to and from your appointment.
- You can often attend online counseling sessions on evenings or weekends, when a clinic is normally closed for business.
- You can meet with your provider even if one of you is traveling.
- You may feel more comfortable talking about your life on your own couch, in familiar settings.
- You can save time, energy, and money by not having to commute to a therapy office.
- You can pick and choose from a wider variety of counselors in your state, not just in your immediate geographic area.
- You can attend sessions even if you’re having mobility issues due to a physical or psychiatric issue.
Do Online Psychiatrists Accept Health Insurance?
The licensed online therapists at Thriveworks in Joliet, IL work with insurance companies to get you coverage for your sessions. At Thriveworks, we believe that sessions with a licensed therapist should be affordable. If your insurance doesn’t cover our online therapy services, then we offer competitive out of pocket costs. You can meet with any number of mental health professionals through the online therapy platform at Thriveworks, including the following:
- Psychologists (PsyDs or PhDs), who use evidence-based psychotherapy interventions, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs)
- Licensed social workers (LCSWs and LMSWs))
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who provide family therapy and/or couples therapy
- Substance abuse and drug addiction counselors
How Do Online Counseling and Therapy Help?
Both traditional therapy and online counseling help with the same issues, in similar ways. At Thriveworks in Joliet, IL, our staff helps match you with a therapist who specializes in your issue. There are countless mental health and behavioral health conditions as well as life issues that our therapists can help you manage. You also may not know exactly what you want to talk about; you just know that you need someone to listen. Our therapists and counselors are adept at offering guidance and support in any of the following areas, and many more:
- Major depression
- Postpartum depression
- Bipolar disorder
- Difficult life transitions
- Grief and loss
- Panic attacks
- Eating disorders
- Relationship issues
- Sexuality and gender issues
- Prescribed medication management
- Low self-esteem
- Self-sabotaging behaviors
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Attention difficulties and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Personality disorders
- Anger management
- Parenting concerns
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD)
Online Counseling with Licensed Providers at Thriveworks in Joliet, IL
Unlike some companies where online counseling is code for text messaging services or live chats, Thriveworks in Joliet, IL offers comprehensive therapy sessions of the same exceptional quality as in-person therapy. Clients meet with their provider face to face via a secure video link. They can also reach out to their Thriveworks provider by phone or email between sessions.
If you’re ready to take the first step toward seeing a therapist. Uninsured residents can access Thriveworks’ mental health services here, while residents with insurance can schedule an appointment here (where any out-of-pocket expenses will be covered).