Life is inherently difficult. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by: extra hours or overdue assignments at work; disagreements with our coworkers or loved ones; major changes like moving or starting a new job; traumatic experiences from childhood; depressive or anxious thoughts and feelings. This list could keep going, but the point is that with life comes challenges that we must face.
If we fail or refuse to address the challenges that we encounter, our overall health and wellbeing suffers. On the flip side, if we address these challenges, we can resolve or manage the problem and improve our wellbeing. Sometimes, this means talking to a counselor or coach.
Often, it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self. –Karen Salmansohn
The counselors, coaches, and psychologists at Thriveworks Counseling in Toms River, NJ would be honored to help you. These mental health professionals are equipped with essential skills, training, and experience. On top of that, they are committed to offering each and every client personalized care. This means that they design each individual’s treatment method with their needs, goals, and preferences in mind. If you’d like to see what this personalized mental health treatment could do for you, reach out to Thriveworks Toms River, NJ. We’d be more than happy to assist you.
Do I Need Counseling?
Counseling is for everyone. Many people view counseling as a last resort—in reality, counseling is a tool that is there to help us whenever we might find it helpful. So, counseling can help people who are…
- Feeling down about life
- Experiencing symptoms of depression or anxiety
- Facing conflicts with loved ones
- Unhappy in their careers
- Suffering from a traumatic event
- Grieving a loss
- Working through tough emotions
- Feeling completely overwhelmed
See? Counseling can help people who are feeling generally down about life as well as those who are suffering from a mental health condition. We see people for a variety of reasons, which also vary in severity. Whatever it is, our counselors will do everything they can to help you best address, manage, and resolve the problem at hand as well as accomplish your goals.
How Does Online Counseling at Thriveworks Work?
At Thriveworks, we offer our clients two convenient online counseling options: video or telephone counseling. These are both great options that enable you to talk to your counselor for your allotted time and make important progress toward your goals for counseling. Some people, though, prefer one over the other. Here’s how they both work:
- Video counseling: This is about as close as you can get to an in-person counseling session without actually attending your session in person. If you decide to schedule a video counseling appointment, you will be sent a video link to a secure videoconference. Then, at the time of your scheduled session, you simply attend using that link! Video counseling offers a face-to-face feel.
- Telephone counseling: This is more relaxed, as some say, as you’re limited to verbal communication; there is no face-to-face interaction. Some people prefer this method, as they’d like to stay as anonymous as possible or they like that it’s a little more flexible. At the time of your telephone counseling appointment, your counselor will call you and then you’re all set!
If you’d like to try either (or both) online counseling options offered at Thriveworks, we’d be happy to have you. You can schedule your appointment at our Toms River, NJ office by calling our office or using our online booking widget right on this page.
Schedule Counseling at Thriveworks Counseling in Toms River, NJ
Thriveworks Counseling helps many different individuals with a wide range of mental and emotional challenges. We want you to know that there is no shame or judgment here. Our providers are dedicated to providing each client with a judgement-free, supportive space for working through their challenges—even in a virtual environment!
To schedule your session, just call our office. We look forward to hearing from you and meeting with you soon!