Alexandria, VA Psychiatry – Meet with a Psychiatric NP (Nurse Practitioner)
When it comes to treating mental illnesses with medication management at Thriveworks, our psychiatric NPs play an essential role, as they possess the certifications and credentials to diagnose patients and prescribe them the proper psychiatric medications to treat their conditions.
Who Is in Need of Medication Management?
A broad range of mental health conditions are alleviated by medications like antidepressants, mood stabilizers, cognitive enhancers, and more. So, while psychiatric medications help those with conditions like bipolar disorder, they also help those who struggle with mild depression and/or anxiety.
The list doesn’t stop there—it isn’t comprised of a mere few mental illnesses. If you’re suffering from a mental health condition and need help managing it, medication (as well as psychotherapy) might help. In any case, the online NPs at Thriveworks Alexandria can evaluate your specific case and help to treat your presenting illness.
Why Is Medication Management Important?
An important question to answer is, why is medication management important? In summary, your well-being depends on it. The effectiveness of your medication relies on its proper use.
For example, if you take too much or too little of a medication, it might not successfully alleviate your symptoms. Additionally, taking too much or too little of your medication could have harmful effects on your health. So, in working with an NP, be sure you…
- Disclose any medications or supplements you’re currently taking
- Divulge allergies or other issues you’ve experienced with medications in the past
- Understand exactly how to take the medication, including how much and how often
- Continue to take your medication exactly as prescribed and instructed
- Ask your nurse practitioner any questions you have now or later, as they arise
Work with an Online Psychiatric NP at Thriveworks Alexandria
We believe that everyone can lead a happier, healthier life by working with a mental health professional—whether they’re struggling with a mental illness, looking for some guidance amidst a career change or major life transition, or in need of some relationship assistance. The point is that we all struggle with something and oftentimes a mental health professional can help.
Schedule with an Online Psychiatric NP Today
If you’re a little intimidated or nervous about calling to schedule your appointment, rest assured that the process will go smoothly. Here are a few points to reassure you:
1) You will speak with a scheduling specialist, not a robot! When you call Thriveworks Alexandria, a scheduling specialist will answer your call and work with you to set you up with the provider who is right for you.
2) We accommodate you and your schedule by offering flexible hours. We understand just how busy life can get. If you can’t make a daytime appointment, we have evening appointments available. If you can’t make a weekday appointment, we have weekend appointments available, as well.
3) You could start treatment as soon as next week. We’ll work to set you up with a provider as soon as possible. Oftentimes, new clients are scheduled with their provider within 7 days of their first call.
If you’re ready, so are we. Call Thriveworks Alexandria or schedule online to get started with a psychiatric NP.