Greg’s job takes him all over the U.S. As a geological surveyor, he’s hiked through deserts, coastal forests—you name it. He’s got plenty of great stories to tell, that’s for sure. While he loves his job, the time he spends at home is a bit lackluster in comparison. After separating from his partner Rainey last year, he’s felt stuck in a negative thought loop for six months now.
Greg usually relies on friends and family as a support system and for socializing, but now that he’s feeling down, those connections have started to wither. Those close to him are concerned about his mental health and have checked in to make sure that he’s doing alright. His best friend Tim has suggested that he talk with a mental health professional—now Greg is considering it.
If your situation seems similar to Greg’s, then perhaps you’ve been considering whether mental health services could benefit you. At Thriveworks in College Station, TX, we know that anyone, at any stage in their lives, can benefit from connecting with one of our providers. And for many, our psychiatry program offers a convenient and effective way to get quality mental health care.
What Is a Psychiatrist? How Can They Help Me?
If you’re unfamiliar with what psychiatry is, then you’re probably not sure how it can assist your mental health issues. For starters, psychiatrists are a specialized type of mental health professional—they’re medical doctors who are also licensed therapists. Using their expertise, they’re often better equipped than other types of providers to treat more severe or persistent mental health conditions and disorders such as:
- Social anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Recovery from alcoholism or drug abuse
- And many other mental health conditions
If you’re not seeing your area of concern listed, don’t worry. Our psychiatrists are here to help—they’ll partner with you to address your needs and create a treatment program that suits you.
Using their medical background, psychiatrists can prescribe helpful medication for their clients. Though it might sound intimidating to think about being prescribed something, keep in mind that any concerns or questions you have will be addressed by our Thriveworks psychiatric team.
That being said, psychiatric services aren’t for everyone. In fact, many people find the care they need through connecting with one of our therapists or counselors. Regardless of the mental health professional that you’re matched with, you’ll get the same personalized experience that thousands of people across the country have come to expect from Thriveworks.
What Are the Benefits of Online Psychiatry?
For those with busy schedules, online psychiatry offers a great way to be able to connect with a provider without missing a beat. You might find our virtual services to be appealing if you’re interested in:
- Prioritizing your mental health: Online therapy is an easy way for those who take care of elderly relatives or watch children to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- Reducing anxiety: Meeting virtually can be a lot less stressful than meeting your provider in person. We always strive to eliminate some of the stigma surrounding seeking mental health services. Online therapy is a go-to resource for making psychiatric treatment as comfortable as possible.
- Connecting anywhere: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session.
- Convenient scheduling options: For those who are busy, traveling, or just tired, getting the psychiatric services you need shouldn’t be harder. We offer weekend and evening session times, just for you.
Our online sessions also follow the same strict APA and HIPAA guidelines to ensure that your information and session stays private. Rest easy, knowing you can connect with your psychiatrist without compromising on safety.
Schedule a Psychiatry Session with Thriveworks in College Station, TX
Don’t let uncertainty and social stigma push you away from prioritizing your mental health needs. Psychiatry services through Thriveworks could offer you relief from your mental health concerns. With our online session options, connecting with one of our providers can be done from home, the office—anywhere. And if you’re dealing with depression, anxiety, or another type of disorder, it’s better to address the symptoms you’re experiencing than to avoid them and let the situation escalate.
When you call to schedule a session with our office in College Station, TX, you’ll be put in touch with our team of scheduling specialists. They’re available seven days a week to assist you with setting up insurance to cover any costs, finding the right appointment time, or even locating a provider if there’s no one in your immediate area. And when you enroll with us, you’ll get insider benefits, like:
- Ask a life coach a question, with our Q/A chat feature.
- A fast response time from your provider’s office. Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
- Assistance setting up your insurance to cover costs.
- Flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends.
So if you’ve been waiting to feel the difference that a psychiatrist can make in your life, call Thriveworks in College Station, TX to start making the move towards better mental health.