Yasmine and Pharrell consider themselves lucky. After having met three years ago, their relationship seems like it’s built to last. Sure, they’ve had their fair share of difficulties, but after everything is said and done, both Yasmine and Pharrell know that they have the other’s back. That is until Pharrell found out the other day that Yasmine’s been seeing someone else.
Yasmine knows that she’s made a mistake, and she wants to do what she can to make things right. That’s why she’s considering whether or not the two of them would benefit from talking to a couples therapist. Even though they aren’t sure what’s in store now, Yasmine wants to do her best to right the situation and preserve their connection. Pharrell is open to the idea of talking with a couples therapist, even though he’s upset with Yasmine.
If you’re experiencing relationship issues between yourself and your partner, you might be able to relate to Yasmine and Pharrell’s story. If you’re interested in connecting with a couples therapist or marriage counselor to heal and make the most out of your relationship, contact Thriveworks in College Station, TX. We’re ready to pair you with a couples therapist or marriage counselor who can assist you.
Should We Talk to a Relationship Therapist?
While deciding to seek counseling or therapy together is a decision that you’ll need to come to by yourselves, you don’t need to face the challenges in your relationship by yourselves. By partnering with one of our counselors or therapists, you’ll gain a powerful ally that will guide you and your partner through the difficulties in front of you. Marriage counseling or couples therapy offers ways to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage their anger or anxiety
Our providers at Thriveworks in College Station, TX are licensed mental health professionals, and it’s their job to assist everyday people with the mental health issues that are bothering them. With this in mind, it’s alright to feel anxious about opening up to someone new about your relationship, but you aren’t going to be judged or viewed as lesser for choosing to talk with them.
In fact, by communicating candidly with a mental health professional at Thriveworks in College Station, TX you and your partner will be better prepared to handle your relationship’s ups and downs.
Common Relationship Issues Discussed in Couples Therapy
Some of the common signs and indications that a couple might benefit from talking with a marriage counselor or couples therapist include:
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
If you are experiencing anything listed above, there’s no need to feel ashamed. And if your situation isn’t listed, there’s no reason to worry, either. Each relationship is quite different, and that’s why talking openly about your difficulties with a provider is so beneficial. By providing your counselor or therapist with feedback, you’re opening the door to personalized therapy or counseling sessions designed with your relationship in mind.
Schedule Marriage Counseling or Couples Therapy at Thriveworks in College Station, TX
When both of you decide to connect with a marriage counselor or couples therapist at Thriveworks in College Station, TX, you’ll be taking a proactive step towards preserving the connection that holds you both together. So go ahead and give us a call—our team of scheduling specialists will be there to help. Plus, enrolling with us means you get instant access to exclusive perks, like:
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and schedule.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
Don’t let anger and resentment call the shots in your relationship. If you and your partner are ready to start moving forward and finding a way to heal together, Thriveworks in College Station, TX is ready to help. Navigating the difficulties you’re faced with doesn’t need to happen by yourselves—contact our office today to find the support you both need.