Erin’s never talked with a mental health professional before, and up until last week, she wasn’t interested in doing so. She considers herself an independent person, and as a freelance graphic designer, she’s proud of the ways she’s learned to think critically and advocate for herself. Still, in many ways, she’s scared of the future, and some parts of her past still bother her, as well.
After having done some searching online, Erin’s debating whether she should talk with a mental health professional about some of the deeper issues in her life that she feels unsure about. Even though she’s concerned about preserving her independence, she’s open to the possibility that therapy or counseling could teach her to take better care of herself. She’s also read that many therapists and counselors are available virtually, and that’s an option she finds appealing.
If you’re like Erin, maybe you feel limited and held back by the outdated perception and stigmas that surround seeking mental health services. Don’t let worries about becoming dependent on counseling, or fears of being perceived as weak hold you back. The truth is that at Thriveworks in College Station, TX our team of psychologists is committed to helping you empower yourself, and are ready to provide you with the tools and resources you need to stay emotionally balanced.
What Does a Psychologist Do?
Psychologists are commonly referred to as therapists or counselors, but they’re licensed mental health professionals who talk with everyday people about the mental health issues that are concerning them. Psychologists are qualified to diagnose and treat mental health disorders, and they commonly use talk or behavioral therapy to assist their clients with managing the symptoms of mental illness.
Talking with a psychologist can be useful in treating many different problems, not limited to:
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
Keep in mind—these are just a few of the many different issues that a psychologist can assist you with. If you’re not seeing the problem or area of concern that you’re faced with listed above, don’t worry. Talking with a mental health professional like the psychologists at Thriveworks in College Station, TX helps them to better understand your situation and unique needs.
When you talk with one of our psychologists in College Station, TX, they can help you to improve your:
- Family relationships
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Relationship or marital problems
Connecting with one of our psychologists is a great way to gain insight and coping strategies that can help you stay emotionally balanced and in touch with yourself. While it’s normal to be worried about talking with a provider, the reality is that you won’t be judged or chastised for your mental health needs. Think of your psychologist as an experienced teammate, who’s with you through each step in your journey towards better mental health.
Schedule Therapy with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in College Station, TX
If you’re interested in getting in touch with one of our mental health professionals at Thriveworks in College Station, then consider our online counseling services. Getting quality mental health care and professional insight is now as easy as opening up your browser and finding somewhere private to talk. Online counseling is a fantastic option for those who:
- Are anxious about speaking with a psychologist in person
- Would like to avoid commuting to a brick-and-mortar office for their session
- Take care of elderly family members or watch after kids
- Travel or work frequently
- Have mobility or chronic health concerns that limit mobility
Online counseling is a modern, convenient way to talk with a psychologist and start making progress on your own terms. In addition to our intuitive virtual services, we also offer assistance seven days a week from our scheduling specialists. Our scheduling team makes enrolling with Thriveworks easy, and they can help with everything from finding a provider (even if there’s no one nearby) to setting up your insurance to cover costs. And when you’ve finished enrolling, you’ll get insider benefits, such as:
- Evening and weekend session times: Life can be hectic. Make the time for everyone to connect with our flexible scheduling options.
- 23.5-hour cancellation policy: Life happens, and we get it. Just let us know if you aren’t going up to 23.5 hours before your scheduled appointment and there’s no charge.
- Email access to your provider: Stay in touch in between appointments. It’s another way we’ll add peace of mind to your therapy experience.
- A life coach Q/A chat line: Your questions don’t have to wait until the next appointment. Get the expert advice and insight of a Thriveworks life coach.
Mental health services aren’t about becoming dependent on help from a stranger. They’re about teaming up with a professional to start making progress and using the newfound stability and support they provide to start healing. If you’re ready, call Thriveworks in College Station, TX, and get paired with a psychologist who can meet your needs.