Thriveworks psychologists in Raleigh, NC provide standard psychotherapy services, tailoring treatment to each client and their unique concerns. However, they can also provide diagnoses to clients when appropriate, something that therapists and counselors cannot do. Finally, in some states in the U.S., they are allowed to prescribe medication.
Taylor was accepted into her dream school in Nashville, where she plans to study music. She’s always had a passion for singing and songwriting and now she can finally try to make a career out of it. Although she is extremely excited, Taylor is nervous about living 12 hours away from everyone she knows and loves. Trips home to visit her family are going to be a little harder for her than her classmates. She’s worried she’s going to have a hard time making friends and getting used to a new city. Taylor talked to her mom about it and they’ve decided it would be best for her to speak with a mental health professional about her feelings.
By working with a psychologist, Taylor will gain skills, tools, and confidence to take on this next chapter of her life with ease. Psychologists are trained and highly qualified mental health professionals who are dedicated to helping their clients live the joyful and successful lives they want.
It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to cope with a significant change in your life or you’re battling a difficult mental illness, psychologists can provide you with the care and support you need. At Thriveworks Counseling in Northeast Raleigh, NC, our team of psychologists is readily available to assist you on whatever journey you are facing. If you have something you are working through or feel like you just need a helping hand, reach out to our office. We’d love to hear from you.
What Does a Psychologist Do?
As mentioned briefly before, psychologists are trained mental health professionals who provide their clients with a wide range of services. Their main goal is to help people work through the problems they are facing in their personal and professional lives. Some methods of therapy they may use to help their clients include:
- Traditional Talk Therapy: This is one of the most common and well-known methods of therapy. Talk therapy is when your therapist sits down with you and discusses how you are feeling, what challenges you’re facing, and what goals you might have for yourself. This method is very helpful in opening up and allowing your therapist to better understand your unique situation.
- Cognitive Therapy: Cognitive therapy focuses on how people think rather than what their reactions are. This type of therapy aims to change the way people feel or react to their stressors and symptoms. A good example might be to change the way you think through stress when put into social situations if you’re battling social anxiety.
- Behavior Therapy: Opposite to cognitive therapy, behavior therapy focuses on your normal and abnormal behaviors. Your psychologist might have you directly address a stressor or phobia in order to work through your reactions. In addition, behavior therapy could also reward positive behaviors in order to train your brain to continue thinking the better way.
These are just a few examples of the therapeutic methods and techniques your psychologist may use during your sessions. At Thriveworks Counseling in Northeast Raleigh, NC, our professionals will ensure that you receive the best course of care which means utilizing unique treatment plans. You can be sure to have all of your needs met at Thriveworks.
Can a Psychologist Help Me?
The truth is, we can help anyone and everyone make meaningful progress in their mental health journey. Our psychologists have the training and expertise in a multitude of specialties in order to help clients with a wide range of concerns. Some of the more common reasons why clients choose to work with us here are:
- Mental illnesses such as anxiety, depression, and ADHD
- Trauma and PTSD
- Low self-esteem
- Family turmoil
- Relationship problems
- Grief and loss
- Divorce and separation
- Poor work/life balance
- Parenting struggles
- Anger issues
- Behavioral problems in children
- Managing difficult emotions
While we did list a lot of different concerns, this list could go on. So if you didn’t see your specific problem above, don’t worry. The truth is that if you are struggling in any way, the psychologists at Thriveworks in Northeast Raleigh can provide you with compassionate, comprehensive care.
Schedule a Session with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in Northeast Raleigh
Are you tired of feeling exhausted and overwhelmed? Are you ready to make meaningful changes in your personal and professional life? Do you feel like you could benefit from talking to a professional? Then you’re in the right place.
At Thriveworks, we offer our clients many benefits, including online counseling options, evening and weekend sessions, flexible cancellations, no waitlist, and more. To get started with one of our psychologists and to learn more about our benefits, simply give our office a call or head over to our online booking portal.
When you’re ready to take the next step, we’ll be here to help you.