Jackie leads an extremely full, satisfied, busy life. She’s a middle school teacher, she has a tightknit group of girlfriends who try to get together for dinner or drinks a few times a month, and she likes to travel. But she’s also been feeling increasingly down lately. Jackie doesn’t know if her workload at school is causing the sadness—or something else. Lately she doesn’t feel like she’s making much of a difference to the kids that she teaches. She’d like to seek counseling, but when on earth would she do it? She rents a house in the country, far from any mental health clinics, and she usually spends her evenings grading papers. Are there any convenient opportunities for her to talk to a counselor, or is she out of luck?
Jackie can benefit from online counseling at Thriveworks in Champaign, IL. Thriveworks mental health providers—therapists, social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists—can deliver the same quality of care by meeting with their clients online (virtually). And the top-rated sessions with our licensed professionals are covered by health insurance, same as in-person counseling sessions.
Challenges That Get in the Way of Attending In-Person Counseling
You already know that you could benefit from seeing a counselor. Most humans can! Mental health should be a priority in everyone’s life. And yet you may keep coming up with excuses for not scheduling an appointment. You may tell yourself the following:
- It takes too long to travel to the therapy office or mental health clinic.
- My schedule is already full of other commitments.
- I feel conflicted about asking for help.
- I don’t want my family to know I’m seeing a counselor.
- Therapy isn’t affordable.
- Therapy isn’t convenient.
- It’s hard to reach a therapy office to make an appointment.
Fortunately, there is a solution to many of these common barriers – online mental health services. This is the age of telehealth, when you can schedule an online appointment with a counselor, or any mental health professional, at Thriveworks in Champaign, IL, and meet with your therapist quickly, sometimes in as little as 24 hours.
Added Benefits of Choosing Online Counseling
When you choose to see a Thriveworks mental health provider online instead of in-person in Champaign, IL, you reap numerous benefits:
- It can be much easier to find an appointment time that works for you.
- It might feel better to open up emotionally from the comfort of your own home.
- You don’t have to sit in a waiting room.
- You can meet with your counselor even if you’re traveling. (Imagine if you have to travel out of state to attend a loved one’s funeral, or go on a family vacation when those relationships are fraught or complicated. Those might be the times you could benefit the most from your counseling sessions.)
- You can quickly make a telepsychiatry session online instead of struggling to get on a busy psychiatrist’s in-person schedule.
- You can rest assured that Thriveworks online counseling in Champaign, IL is:
- a) secure (we take HIPAA-compliance very seriously); and
- b) just as effective as in-person counseling.
Your personal growth no longer needs to be held back by the constraints of in-person therapy.
What Can an Online Counselor Do?
An online counselor at Thriveworks in Champaign, IL can do all the things that an in-person mental health provider can. They can meet with you face-to-face (via video) to discuss your ultimate goals, coping behaviors, positive and negative emotions, relationship conflicts, and perceived roadblocks. If you meet with a Thriveworks telepsychiatrist, they can even prescribe and manage your medication. Our mental health providers treat a wide variety of issues, including:
- Anorexia and bulimia
- Sexual problems
- Panic disorders
- Family conflicts
- Attention disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
The list of internal and external challenges that humans face can never be exhausted. Our species is complex, intelligent, sensitive, and interconnected. Online therapy can conveniently address some of your questions when life gets overwhelming. It can also serve as a preventative mental health measure, so you know you’ll always have support if or when you hit an obstacle.
Experience Firsthand How Counselors in Champaign, IL Can Change Your Life
A great counselor has the power to help you change your life for the better. Our Thriveworks counselors in Champaign, IL are here to help you overcome any hurdles you might face. Included with your restorative mental health sessions are a long catalog of other membership benefits. For instance, Thriveworks clients can:
- Reach their counselors by email or phone between sessions
- Change or cancel appointments within 24 hours without penalty
- Schedule appointments right away through calling our friendly office
- Receive affordable care by using their health insurance
Call Thriveworks and work with an online counselor to start feeling better