Cary Life Coaching and Counseling—Life Coaches in Cary, NC
Coach Taylor huddled his team together. Looking each football player in the eye, he said, “Opportunity does not knock. It presents itself when you beat down the door.” The famous lead character of Friday Night Lights was known for his inspirational speeches, including his famous, “Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can’t lose.” Eric Taylor inspired his teams, but also the millions of people who tuned in to watch him every week for the show’s five-season stint. Coach Taylor inspired his players to achieve more than anyone ever imagined, and with his guidance and motivations, each player reached new heights both on and off the field. One possible reason for the shows wild success is that many fans wish they had their own, personal Coach Taylor—that person who pushed them, believed in them, helped them set goals, and inspired them to achieve. With a great coach, people can often achieve great things. Many people are realizing that coaching is not just for sports. They are working with a life coach to achieve the same result.
In many ways, a life coach is not so different than an athletic coach. Coaches know their team’s strengths and weaknesses—whether those are on the field, on the job, or in a relationship. They understand that strengths need to be capitalized upon and weaknesses need to be fortified. Coaches help their teams understand their context and make proactive moves. Whatever the context may be, coaches are often a key to anyone’s success.
“To excel at the highest level – or any level, really—you need to believe in yourself, and hands down, one of the biggest contributors to my self-confidence has been private coaching.” —Stephen Curry
Steph Curry is an NBA all-star who has a coach on the court, but he also uses coaches in other areas of his life. Everyone need guidance, encouragement, inspiration, and support in life. That is why Thriveworks Counseling in Cary provides life coaching. We are ready to help people achieve more.
Goal Setting and Life Coaching
One of the biggest ways that life coaches help their clients is by helping them set appropriate goals. The research that outlines the benefits of goal-setting is vast, and clear. High achievers set goals. The cliché of goal-setting is not so dramatic. Most people think of goals, and they probably think of forcing themselves to do something they do not want to do: eat less sugar, floss their teeth, organize their garage. While it is true that anything worth achieving takes effort, it is not true that goal-setting has to be miserable.
In fact, goals simply prioritize what people value. Goals should center people’s lives upon what excites them, what they love, and what they want to achieve. Often, people who set goals are not miserable, but quite the opposite, they are excited about life because they know what they want. Andrew Carnegie explained it like this, “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.”
How do goals help people so much? Goals can help people by…
- Reinforcing their self-control. When people know what they want, they can say, “no” to interruptions and distractions that may be fun but not helpful.
- Spurring meaningful actions. Goals often allow people to say, “yes” to difficult but necessary action steps.
- Focusing their attention so that what they internally value drives their outward behavior.
- Providing motivation during difficult times. Everyone needs a light at the end of the tunnel and vision of the finish line. These are reminders that the sacrifice is worth the effort.
The Many Benefits of Life Coaching
Another benefit of working with a life coach is that goals can be set for any area of life. For example, people often make goals about their…
- Attitude: What kind of a person do they want to be? Are they cultivating patients? Kindness? Joy?
- Career: How do people want their skills to contribute to the world and to their own provision?
- Finances: What do people want to achieve with their money? Pay down debt? Give money to a good cause? Retire early?
- Physical health: How could people’s relationships with their own body improve? Is there treatment they need for an illness or a health goal that would improve their lives?
- Adventure: When do people feel excited and refreshed? What activities restore them and brighten their lives?
- Relationships: What kind of relationships enrich people’s lives? Who are people who have a healthy give and take? Who are people who simply take? How can healthy relationships become a priority?
Thriveworks Counseling in Cary Life Coaches—Set Up an Appointment Today
Take a moment to reflect upon what is happening in your life. Would it help to have someone to encourage you, inspire you? Would it help to have a coach? Many people are experiencing the benefits that working with a coach brings into their lives. If you are ready to work with a life coach, consider reaching out to Thriveworks Counseling in Cary. When you work with our life coaches, you may be able to use your insurance because our coaches are also licensed counselors who accept many forms of insurance. New clients often have their first appointment within 24 hours of their first call. Evening and weekend sessions are also offered.
Let’s take on life’s challenges together. Call our office today.