Anxiety Therapy in Boise, ID—Anxiety Help and Guidance
Do you feel uncomfortable or nervous when engaging in specific activities or in other scenarios? For example, attending a large meeting or meeting a friend for dinner and arriving first. Do you find yourself worrying about the unforeseeable future? Say, whether your kids are studying enough or if your partner will remember your birthday coming up.
If the answer is yes, you might have anxiety—just like millions of other people all over the world.
Anxiety can vary from person to person and even change in the way it affects you from day to day. But, it’s main characteristic is the excessive uncontrollable worry you experience. This worry can make you feel hopeless, fearful, and generally unhappy. Fortunately, there is an effective treatment option available to those who suffer from any form of anxiety: anxiety therapy.
The anxiety therapists and counselors at Thriveworks Counseling in Boise, ID are dedicated to helping people work through their anxiety disorders, just like you. Our mental health professionals are highly trained and qualified to offer you the guidance and support you need, every step of the way. If you are struggling to manage your symptoms and need a helping hand, consider Thriveworks.
When you’re ready to get started, visit our online booking portal or give our office a call.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
There is a wide variety of anxiety disorders that could explain why you’re feeling, thinking, or acting in a certain way. For example, generalized anxiety is characterized by that day to day anxious thinking, while social anxiety is characterized by those anxious thoughts and feelings you might experience in social situations.
Here is a list of common anxiety disorders and a little more information about each:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: As we just explained, generalized anxiety is characterized by anxiety one experiences on a day to day basis in many different scenarios.
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety disorder is marked by anxiety one experiences in social situations. Some people with social anxiety feel anxious in any and all social situations, while others experience social anxiety in more specific instances, like when they are presenting something for work.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: This disorder, otherwise known as OCD, is characterized by obsessive thoughts and fears as well as compulsive behaviors. Many people with OCD have a fear of germs or are compelled to arrange things in a certain way.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: This disorder, or PTSD, occurs after an individual has experienced a traumatic event. Specific triggers often bring unwanted memories as well as anxious thoughts and fears back to your current state of mind. On top of anxiety, symptoms include irritability, hostility, and flashbacks.
These disorders can make day-to-day functioning difficult and unenjoyable. If you are experiencing any anxiety symptoms, please talk to a professional and get the help that you need. Thriveworks Counseling in Boise would be happy to set you up with one of our mental health professionals who specialize in anxiety treatment.
Anxiety: Symptoms and Causes
Everyone experiences anxiety from time to time. It’s the feeling you get when you’re running late to work or when you get a “we need to talk” text. To some degree, anxiety is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes and alert in certain situations. However, when it turns into one of the disorders as we mentioned above, it can do more harm than good.
There are several different signs and symptoms to be on the lookout for. Some may include:
- Excessive or uncontrollable worry
- Racing thoughts
- Impending doom or dread
- Lack of focus
- Panic Attacks
- Excessive sweating
If you are presenting any of the above symptoms, be sure to reach out and get the treatment that you need. At Thriveworks Counseling in Boise, we can not only help you not only learn how to identify stressors but can help you manage symptoms before they arise.
Schedule an Anxiety Therapy Session at Thriveworks Counseling in Boise, ID
Anxiety therapists can utilize relaxation techniques, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), exposure therapy, and other forms of treatment for anxiety. Their main goal is to help you not only treat your anxiety but offer you the coping skills you need to move forward happily.
People with anxiety often feel like help isn’t possible. However, that’s just not the case. At our Thriveworks office in Boise, we pride ourselves on offering accessible, client-focused care. That means you can look forward to no waitlist, evening and weekend sessions, appointments with 24-48 hours, online counseling options, and more.
To start working with one of our anxiety therapists, visit our online booking portal or call our office. We look forward to hearing from you soon.