Christian Counseling in Alexandria, VA (Franconia)—Christian Therapists, Counselors
Are you currently going through a particularly difficult or stressful time? Know that you are not alone—in fact, you’re never alone. God is always with you, guiding you on this crazy journey we call life. Sometimes, we lose sight of our faith or forget the strength that we can find in God, but that’s okay. We’re here to steer you in the right direction and to help you realize this strength as well as the plan He has for you.
“It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.” –Psalm 18:32
If the Christian faith is a significant part of your life, know that Thriveworks Alexandria, VA has Christian counselors who share your faith and who can use it to best help you in counseling. Our Christian counselors and therapists understand the mental health challenges and the other life issues that you might be facing. They also know just how to help you heal and grow from your current problems.
Thriveworks Alexandria, VA (Franconia) has Christian counseling appointments available. To schedule yours, simply give our office a call at (703) 828-9054. We want you to have a positive experience with your counselor from start to finish. For this reason, we have flexible appointment times available as well as online counseling opportunities. Choose what works best for you and we’ll meet you there!
What Life Problems Can Christian Counseling Help With?
The Christian counselors at Thriveworks Alexandria, VA (Franconia) will look at your unique needs before designing your treatment plan. That said, they will incorporate effective counseling techniques as well as your Christian faith and scripture into your Christian counseling experience. Here are a few problems a Christian counselor can help you address:
- Mental illness, such as depression: Depression is ruthless. In addition to despair, depression can come with a loss of interest in once beloved activities, changes in weight and appetite, sleep disturbances, lack of motivation, and other harmful symptoms. The good news that we can offer is that a Christian counselor can help you to work through your depression (or another mental illness) and learn to better manage it.
- Self-esteem: Another common problem that many of us deal with is a low self-esteem. Self-esteem refers to the sense of value one sees in him or herself. When an individual has a low self-esteem, they’re at a heightened risk of entering a depressive state, isolating themselves from others, and suffering in other ways too. Therefore, it’s important to seek out self-esteem help as soon as possible. A Christian counselor at Thriveworks Alexandria (Franconia) can help you to look at why you have a low self-esteem and how you can build that back up.
- Relationship issues: We all struggle with relationship issues, whether they are with our significant other, family members, or friends. These issues can range from parenting problems to jealousy, infidelity, financial disagreements, or mere differences in opinion. In any case, it can be difficult to navigate these challenges and keep your relationships intact. If you need help working through a relationship issue, the Christian counselors at Thriveworks Alexandria (Franconia) have got you covered.
Do these common life issues sound all too familiar to you? If you are struggling with an item on this list or another challenge altogether, you should not feel ashamed. Remember: God is always there. And we’re always here for you, too. You should be proud of your strength in reaching out for the help that will put you back on the right path.
Schedule Christian Counseling at Thriveworks Alexandria, VA (Franconia)
Your Christian faith can help you to better manage or overcome life issues. This is proven by research. Here at Thriveworks Alexandria, we will help you find your strength. Our Christian counselors have specific training and experience in integrating the Christian faith and Christian beliefs into the therapy process. These are Board-Certified Professional Christian Counselors, who are dedicated to helping you as best they can.
To schedule your Christian Counseling appointment, call Thriveworks Alexandria, VA (Franconia) today. We have flexible session times available as well as online counseling opportunities. If you’re ready to meet with us, we’re ready too! We hope to hear from you soon.
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
- Beacon Health Options
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- United Healthcare
Self Pay Rate: $99
Delinda Swanston, LPC
Delinda Swanston is a licensed professional counselor in the Commonwealth of Virginia whose work includes meeting needs of adults, children, and adolescents in inpatient, outpatient, emergency, and field settings. Her 25 years experience includes confidential service to military personnel and their families oversees, and stateside. She has served for 11 years as an officer for local human rights committees, and 7 years in executive leadership, administration and management, including program development and services provision. Delinda has successfully provided counseling addressing a wide variety of concerns, including: traumatic stress, mood disorder, anxiety, childhood OCD, depression, complicated grief, & chronic illness.
Delinda provides assessments and evaluations for diagnosis. She works collaboratively with patients to develop an individualized, evidence-based approach and treatment plan. Delinda has a strong inclination toward Resiliency Psychology and resiliency skills development to cope with, and overcome, adversity, trauma, and the effects of tragedy in one's life.
Delinda uses therapeutically sound methods and techniques which may include Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness Therapy, Short term Solution Focused Therapy, or Psychodynamic approach with complimentary techniques such as expressive therapies and relationship skills training.