With Thriveworks, Online therapy is an effective alternative to in-person therapy services in which a client can speak to a Thriveworks therapist remotely via online video conferencing. Online sessions are just as effective as in-person treatment, but they can also provide added benefits like reduced travel time, saving money on transportation or childcare, and increased access to care.
Online therapy works much like traditional in-person therapy but takes place through secure video conferencing. Clients can attend Online therapy from any safe place they choose that has access to the internet, whether that be their home or another easily accessible place. Like in-person treatment, a therapist will work with their client to address their concerns, create goals, and establish an effective treatment plan.
Our Thriveworks therapists at Thriveworks in Alexandria, VA accept most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session, depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Are you looking for online counseling services in Alexandria, VA? You are in the right place! Thriveworks Alexandria, VA has a dedicated team of professionals who provide online therapy. Many people find that online therapy is the convenient, flexible, effective counseling option they’ve been searching for.
If you are ready to set up an online counseling appointment or you want to hear more about how online therapy works, call Thriveworks Alexandria at (703) 828-9054. Our scheduling team will be happy to speak with you. We look forward to helping you find the right counseling option for you; one that will allow you to make meaningful advancements in your life.
What Is Online Counseling? How Does It Work?
No, it’s not too good to be true! Online therapy allows you to attend your counseling session from the comfort and convenience of home. This simply involves working with a counselor or therapist over the phone, via videoconference, or through email/text messages, instead of in-person. Let’s look closer at these online therapy options:
- Phone therapy: Your first option is to work with your counselor over the phone. If you choose phone therapy, your counselor will call you at the agreed upon time and you’ll have your session!
- Videoconference counseling: Another option is to work with your therapist via videoconference. Instead of answering your counselor’s phone call, you’ll use the web link given to you to attend your session at the agreed upon time.
- Email therapy: Email therapy is a little different from the previous online counseling options. With email and text message counseling, you don’t meet with your counselor for a set time each week. Instead, you communicate over a longer period of time. This is the most casual approach to counseling.
Online counseling might be the right option for you, as it proves to help many people make progress with their therapist or counselor via virtual means. It might prove especially beneficial if you are struggling to find a qualified counselor in your area or you don’t have time to make it into the office for an in-person session. In any case, consider working with an online counselor at Thriveworks Alexandria, VA.
Online Counseling Benefits: What Are They?
Online therapy proves time and time again to help people address many different issues in their personal and professional lives. And they didn’t have to go out of their way to do it. There are a few main benefits that come with online therapy, including:
- It offers convenience and accessibility: If you struggle to fit an in-person therapy session into your daily routine, due to the time it takes to get to the therapy office or simple lack of convenience, online counseling is a great option for you. It eliminates the drive, the traffic, the lack of accessibility!
- It’s affordable: It’s important to know that online counseling isn’t typically any more expensive than in-person counseling. Many insurance companies now cover online counseling costs, and Thriveworks Alexandria also offers affordable options if you are paying out-of-pocket.
- It comes with flexible scheduling options: On top of convenience, accessibility, and affordability, online therapy services offer flexible scheduling options. In most cases, you can call in and book your appointment for the same day—at least at Thriveworks Alexandria.
If you’re intrigued by the convenience, accessibility, affordability, and flexibility that online counseling offers, reach out to Thriveworks Alexandria, VA. We can get you all set up for online counseling right now, if you’re ready to begin!
Work with a Therapist Online at Thriveworks Alexandria, VA
Are you looking for therapy or counseling services in the Alexandria area? Are you interested in finding the most convenient and effective option? Thriveworks Alexandria, VA has a great option for you: online therapy. Online therapy can help you work through countless challenges that are standing in your way of living the life you long for.
If you are ready to secure your online counseling appointment, reach out to Thriveworks Alexandria right now. Just call (703) 828-9054 and our scheduling team will be happy to assist you.