Sigmund Freud once stated, “Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.” But how often are humans completely honest with themselves? We might jump through hoops to avoid harsh truths and discomfort. We might dislike it when our friends or significant others call us out on our behaviors. Facing ourselves in the mirror can sometimes feel intimidating or distressing. But it takes a lot of energy to avoid our true selves. What if you could free up some of that energy for positive change?
The licensed mental health providers at Thriveworks in The Woodlands, TX offer clients a safe space in which to explore their goals and issues. They provide a secure, insightful environment in which to face oneself, all from the comfort of your own home. Online counseling at Thriveworks is traditional therapy via an online therapy platform. This means that none of the length or quality of in-person therapy is sacrificed in virtual counseling sessions. The licensed therapists at Thriveworks in The Woodlands Township, TX are here to help you achieve your goals.
Is Online Therapy Just As Effective As In-Person Counseling?
Studies have shown that online therapy is just as effective as in-person counseling, thus it offers a great value to clients. At Thriveworks in The Woodlands, TX, online talk therapy can be done live, face to face, through HIPAA-compliant video conferencing. In these live chats via Thriveworks’ online therapy program, clients can access the premium mental health services they need with these additional benefits:
- They may not need to take time off work or hire babysitters to attend counseling sessions.
- They can travel for work or pleasure and still make their sessions.
- They can speak to their counselor from familiar surroundings, which might help them open up emotionally.
- They can save money on the cost of traveling to an office or clinic.
- They can hold specialized sessions with a licensed counselor who may not live in their area.
- They can have group therapy sessions more easily because everyone doesn’t have to be in the same physical location at the same time.
- They can still have therapy sessions even if someone is ill or has mobility issues.
How Can I Fix My Mental Health Problems?
If you find that you’re experiencing a psychological or behavioral issue that negatively impacts your daily functioning, it may be time to consult a mental health professional. At Thriveworks in The Woodlands, TX, clients can choose from the following providers:
- Psychiatrists (MDs), who do psychotherapy (talk therapy) and can also prescribe medications to clients experiencing mental health conditions like depression or anxiety.
- Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners (PMHNPs), who can also treat mental health conditions with therapy and prescription medication.
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs), who can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists who apply a variety of psychotherapy techniques.
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs), who help clients find solutions to specific issues, such as substance abuse or bulimia.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), who do counseling and guide clients to helpful social services.
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who do couples therapy and family therapy.
If you’re experiencing distress or symptoms of a mental health condition and aren’t sure who to turn to, don’t worry. The staff at Thriveworks can help direct you to the proper resources and services offered.
Can an Online Therapist Treat Mental Illnesses?
The online therapists at Thriveworks in The Woodlands, TX are abundantly qualified to treat mental health conditions like the following:
- Mood disorders like depression
- Anxiety disorders
- Panic disorder and panic attacks
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Attention difficulties, which may indicate attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Online counseling can also address common life issues that can cause distress, such as:
- Relationship conflicts
- Existential crises
- Empty nest syndrome
- Parenting concerns
- Life transitions
- Body image issues
- Work or financial stress
Get Licensed Online Counseling at Thriveworks in The Woodlands, TX
It just takes one phone call or online booking to get started with an exceptional online counselor at Thriveworks in The Woodlands. Most of the fully licensed mental health providers, including psychiatrists, can meet with new clients within 24-48 hours of their initial booking. And these providers offer premium care because they’re recruited from the top 4% of applicants in the Houston metro area.
Thriveworks accepts most major forms of health insurance coverage, helping to make licensed therapy affordable and accessible for all who need it. For people paying out-of-pocket, Thriveworks offers competitive self-pay rates. As an additional enrollment benefit, Thriveworks clients can access their provider by phone or email between live video or phone therapy sessions.
It’s never too late to face who you really are and find solutions to your problems. We look forward to helping you on your journey to wellbeing.