Life is marked by a continuous cycle beginnings and endings. The end of one thing is the start of another, and vice versa. However, this doesn’t make the endings any less painful or the beginnings any less terrifying.
Divorce can be one of the biggest endings and beginning you’ll encounter. From the process of questioning your relationship to the aftermath, divorce can feel like a burden you’ll never shake. It can make you believe that you’re alone and that the only way through is by yourself.
Our counselors in The Woodlands, TX, are here to tell you that you aren’t alone, you will get through this, and that together, we can build a hopeful, better future. Our divorce recovery counselors can’t take the steps of healing and decision for you, but we can be by your side through all of it by supporting, encouraging, and helping.
To schedule an appointment today or to get more information, call us at 281-667-9790. Let us take some of the weight off your shoulders. You aren’t alone.
What is Divorce Recovery Counseling?
No one’s divorce is ever the same. Your situation will be unique, so a divorce recovery program should be too. The Woodlands divorce recovery counselors make sure all our sessions are centered around one thing: you! What are your dreams? Your doubts? What are the things you struggle with, and where do you want to grow? It’s not about us at a divorce recovery therapy session, it’s about you!
The divorce recovery process should also be backed by research and proven counseling techniques. Our Woodland counselors are trained and experienced in dealing with divorces. In our experience, there are three main areas that professional counselors can help those going through a divorce:
- Mental Health- This, of course, is our specialty. A divorce is a huge ball of stress given to you all at once. You might be feeling depressed, anxious, or angry. Or you might be experiencing insomnia or changes in eating. Whatever you are dealing with, know that there is a better way. Divorces are painful, but you are stronger. You can maintain your emotional and mental wellbeing while paving the path to a future that you’re excited about!
- Logistical Issues- The aftermath of a divorce will often be accompanied with a lot of changes that have to be made. Budgets, housing, work, friends, and family will have shifted slightly. While we can’t make your decisions for you, we will help you sort through all the racing thoughts in your head so you can come to a healthy decision that is best for you.
- Lifestyle Changes- Some people see divorce as their first step into freedom, and they enthusiastically tackle all the things they’ve wanted to do while trapped in an unhappy marriage. Others experience divorce as a necessary but painful step, and the lifestyle changes that follow it aren’t always welcome. Your life doesn’t tend with a divorce, its jus takes a different shape. Let Woodlands, TX counselors help you mold your new life into one you’re excited about.
Is Divorce Counseling Right for Me?
Making the decision to seek divorce recovery is a decision rooted in strength. It’s a common misconception that you must go through a divorce on your own. This myth often misleads people down a dangerous and unhappy path. It is more than okay to get help, especially when you’re going through something as life-altering as a divorce.
As you decide if divorce recovery is for you, take a deep breath and remember that it’s going to be okay. Things are changing, and they might continue to change for a while. But it’ll be okay. All of this is just the next step in creating the life you want.
Of course, there are some situations that might help you decide if divorce recovery is for you. Examples that could mean a divorce is taking a big toll on your life include:
- Feeling like you can’t handle the pressure, stress, or high emotions
- Difficulty finding joy in activities you used to love
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Unusually high levels of anger, depression, or anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Isolation from friends and family
- Unusual eating habits (loss of appetite or uncontrollable eating)
- Difficulty performing basic tasks
Divorce will always be hard, but Thriveworks The Woodlands will be in your corner. Together, we can learn from the past, and grow into a brighter future.
Does Thriveworks The Woodlands, TX, Offer Divorce Counseling for Kids? What about Co-Parenting?
Yes, and Yes!
It’s impossible to shield your kids from a divorce completely. However, many studies have been done to show that two good homes are better than one toxic home. When a divorce is handled well, and special attention is given to divorce recovery, kids can come out of a divorce healthier and with better coping mechanisms than before.
Remaining a strong parent figure in your kid’s life might be at the top of your priorities after getting a divorce. This is great! Co-parenting is a successful, wonderful tool you can use to stay in the picture and watch your kids grow up. Just because a divorce happened doesn’t mean you stop being a parent, it just means the way you parent will have to change.
Schedule a Divorce Recovery Counseling Session Today
Nobody goes into a marriage thinking it’ll end in a divorce. But a divorce isn’t just an ending, it’s a new beginning as well. With professional support, you and your family can thrive after a divorce.
To schedule an appointment or talk to one of our team members, call The Woodlands, TX, divorce recovery counseling at 281-667-9790.