Do you find yourself feeling nervous or uncomfortable on a daily basis? Or, do you experience these nerves or worry in specific circumstances, such as when you meet new people or have any social interaction? If the answer is yes, you might have a form of anxiety. Don’t worry, you’re in good company: Around 40 million adults in the world have an anxiety disorder.
“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” –Margaret Thatcher
We have more good news: There is effective treatment out there for anxiety, like anxiety therapy. If you are experiencing anxiety symptoms, consider working with an anxiety therapist or psychologist at Thriveworks Virginia Beach, VA (Great Neck). These professionals can help you manage these symptoms, learn how to better cope with your anxiety, and overall, live a healthier life. Call us today at (757) 347-3155 to schedule your first appointment.
What Are Common Anxiety Symptoms?
It’s virtually impossible to avoid all instances of worrying. We’re human, which means we naturally worry about our relationships, our work or career, and other important areas of life. That said, it’s when this worry escalates and becomes excessive or uncontrollable that we need to take action. Anxiety comes with harmful physical, mental, and emotional symptoms that include:
- Dread or a sense of impending doom
- Rapid heartbeat
- Muscle tension
- Inability to focus or pay attention
- Insomnia, or other sleep disturbances
Oftentimes, an individual will do their best to manage their symptoms alone, but they only further their suffering as a result. If you’re struggling with any of the above symptoms, let an anxiety therapist help you. They can help you better manage your symptoms, predict when you will experience anxiety, understand what causes your anxiety, and live an overall better life. If this piques your interest, give Thriveworks Virginia Beach, VA (Great Neck a call. We want to help you.
Do I Have an Anxiety Disorder?
Some people suffer from what feels like random, everyday anxiety, while others suffer from anxiety that stems from specific triggers or events. Here’s a list of several different kinds of anxiety from generalized anxiety to specific phobias:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): Generalized anxiety is excessive or uncontrollable. Those who suffer with is experience anxiety on a daily basis in a variety of scenarios. This is what most people think of when they hear the word “anxiety.”
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): People can develop PTSD after experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event. Examples of trauma include physical abuse, active combat, and the death of a loved one.
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety is what an individual experiences when they feel nervous or uncomfortable in social interactions. These people often worry about being negatively perceived by others.
- Specific phobias: Specific phobia is an anxiety disorder that becomes an irrational fear about a specific object or situation.
If any of these anxiety disorders sound familiar, and you think you might have one, again, reach out to Thriveworks Virginia Beach, VA (Great Neck). An anxiety therapist can help you better understand what you are experiencing and develop treatment for your specific case.
Set Up an Anxiety Therapy Appointment at Thriveworks Virginia Beach, VA
Thriveworks Virginia Beach, VA (Great Neck) has an important mission: to help people live happy, successful lives. If you are struggling with anxious thoughts and feelings or are presenting symptoms of an anxiety disorder, a Thriveworks Virginia Beach, VA (Great Neck) anxiety therapist can help you. They have the skills, training, and experience to make a huge difference in your life.
If you think that you could benefit from working with an anxiety therapist, who has worked hard to develop skills, undergo training, and grow their experience to best help people with anxiety, give Thriveworks Virginia Beach, VA (Great Neck) a call. You can reach us at (757) 347-3155. We have a variety of scheduling options to choose from, of which include extended hours in the evenings and on the weekends, to best suit your scheduling needs. We also work with most major insurance companies.
Do you think you could benefit from anxiety therapy? Schedule an appointment at Thriveworks Virginia Beach, VA (Great Neck) with an anxiety therapist or psychologist so we can get started.