Child Therapy for Learning Disabilities at TherapyLand
When your child is struggling in any way, the first thing you want to do as a parent is fix everything. If possible, you would pay anything, work harder than ever before, and attempt any new solution. Unfortunately, many problems that arise in childhood are not easily solved. The solution is more of a long road, filled with progress and setbacks, tears and laughter.
If you are wondering if your child is dealing with a learning disability, the very first step to take is to diagnose the exact problem. Thriveworks TherapyLand child therapists are equipped to evaluate your child and specify the exact problem that he or she is facing. After we do this, we can create an action plan for success.
What Type of Learning Disability Does My Child Have?
There are many different types of learning disabilities. Some are very well known, such as dyslexia, and others many have not heard of, such as dysgraphia. Learning disabilities can occur in reading, math, language, fine motor skills, writing, and with interpreting visual information. Here is a longer list of common learning disabilities:
- Dyslexia: Dyslexia is a learning disorder that impacts a student’s reading and comprehension abilities.
- ADHD: ADHD, or Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, impedes learning as kids with ADHD struggle to pay attention as well as stay on task.
- Dyscalculia: Dyscalculia is a learning disorder that impacts a student’s math abilities. Problems range from ordering numbers correctly to solving larger math problems.
- Dysgraphia: Dysgraphia is a learning disorder that impacts one’s writing abilities.
- Processing Deficits: Finally, processing deficits means the child has difficulty perceiving visual and auditory data.
There are distinct symptoms and patterns of each disorder, and they are commonly diagnosed at different ages. You may notice symptoms of a learning disability in preschool, or it may not arise until later, even in early teen years. Whenever you start to suspect a problem, early intervention is key. Thriveworks TherapyLand child therapists are ready and available to partner with you and your child.
Schedule a Child Therapy Appointment for Learning Disabilities
When it comes to your child, you want to know you are making the best choice. Thriveworks providers are leaders in their field, ready to put their expertise to work for your child and your family.
Unlike most therapy and counseling offices, we do not operate with a waiting list. We have appointments available for new clients within 24-48 hours in most cases. If you have been struggling with your child for a long time, and are unsure where to turn or how to get help, do not delay any longer. Early intervention is key in helping a child develop to the best of their ability. We are here, ready to help. Call Thriveworks today.