Counseling, Psychiatry, and Mental Health Services at Thriveworks in Sterling, VA
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you wanted a caring and experienced person to help you think through tough questions like:
- Who can I trust in this situation?
- What are my realistic options?
- Is there a deeper problem that needs addressing?
At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling, every day we help people who are asking these questions. We combine our professional expertise with genuine care, working together with our clients to begin solving some of the difficulties in their lives.
If you’re looking for professional mental health help in Loudoun County, call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling. Our professionals help our clients clarify the challenges they face and gain a new perspective on how to handle those challenges. They create space for openness and honesty. They believe that every person is a strong, talented individual who has the potential to thrive. And we want to help them do it.
What Is Counseling?
Counseling, or therapy, designates a regular time in a person’s life to explore their thoughts and emotions with the help of a trained professional. Often, counseling starts with an assessment: a time for a client to inform the counselor of any problems they are facing and reasons for seeking help. Counselors may inquire about their clients’ family, career, physical health, relationships, mental health, or spirituality.
Counselors may use a scale to have their clients measure their current life situation: -10 to 0 to +10. A +10 means the client is functioning well in a particular area of their life. No one functions at a +10 all the time and in all spheres of their life.
On the opposite side of the scale, a -10 may indicate that a person is experiencing or has experienced severe trauma. This score usually means people have a lot of pain that our counselors can help them process.
Based upon the assessment, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling offers each client individualized care.
- Our clients who have experienced serious trauma or face a difficult mental health diagnosis of PTSD, depression, or anxiety, have often found help and healing through their counseling sessions. Thriveworks professionals have heard everything. Nothing will shock us. Instead, our counselors are ready to listen to your experiences and offer compassionate, professional care.
- Our clients who are harboring a secret addiction or problem with substance abuse often find relief in coming clean to our caring counselors. Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling can provide the support addicts need to start living in the truth and pursue addiction recovery.
- Our clients who want to achieve personal or professional goals usually gain the interpersonal skills they need. Thriveworks professionals can coach these clients on the best path to their dreams, based upon their individual strengths and weaknesses.
At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling, we have clinical psychologists, licensed marriage and family therapists, life coaches, psychiatrists, and other skilled, caring professionals. You can meet with one as soon as today.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Depression and anxiety
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Talk With an Online Psychiatrist
If you’re looking for help with a mental health disorder like depression or anxiety, you might want to consider psychiatric counseling. Psychiatrists are medical doctors who specialize in treating mental illness and can view your condition from a holistic, medical perspective.
Mental disorders often have a physical aspect to them, whether that be the physical symptoms they cause or a chemical imbalance that contributes to the disorder. Psychiatrists can look at the big picture when it comes to the diagnosis and treatment of many disorders and prescribe medication when necessary.
Your treatment plan may also involve psychotherapy. Psychotherapy is a collaborative process whereby a client opens up to a mental health professional about their thoughts and experiences. This can make it easier to determine how your condition originated, see the impact your thoughts have on your daily behaviors and emotions, and chart a path towards lasting recovery.
To speak to a licensed psychiatrist, contact Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling today to make an appointment.
Schedule with Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling
Choosing the right counselor, psychologist, or psychiatrist can be tricky, and knowing who to trust with your mental health can be hard. We get it. To ease the process, our office keeps flexible hours, but we do not keep waitlists.
Often, our clients can schedule their first appointment within a day of when they call. Night and weekend appointments are available too. We also work with major insurance carriers.
If you are ready to schedule a session with a Thriveworks professional, we are ready to partner with you.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sterling is located at 45575 Shepard Dr Suite 101, Sterling, VA 20164. We’re next to U-Haul and Keep Healthy Massage. If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!