Alice is a parent with a busy schedule. There isn’t time for much else between her full-time job, her two children, and her volunteer work. Alice is excited about a promotion at work, but the added stress starts to weigh her down. She wants to reach out to a therapist for help but worries about fitting therapy into her schedule. Thankfully, there’s an option for people like Alice: online therapy.
Online therapy, also known as online counseling, lets you meet with a licensed mental health professional without leaving your home. Many clients excel in online therapy because it’s easier to schedule and attend regularly. Online therapy provides a great way to reduce stress, develop positive mental health habits, and find more peace and happiness in your life.
Some people think therapy or counseling is only for those with serious mental health challenges. The reality is very different — anyone can benefit from therapy, no matter how big or small their mental health challenges feel. Today, it’s easier than ever to start seeing a therapist.
Therapy isn’t just for people with the luxury of free time. Convenient online therapy options at Thriveworks in Solana Beach, CA give you the chance to talk to a therapist from the comfort of your own home, office, or wherever your busy life takes you. Call our scheduling team or use our simple online scheduling tool if you want to reach out for support.
What Kinds of Therapy Are Available Online?
Online therapy is very similar to in-person, traditional therapy. The only major difference is that you’ll meet with your counselor virtually rather than face-to-face in an office setting. The experience of meeting your therapist, discussing any mental health issues or symptoms you’re facing, and developing a personalized treatment plan will be the same if you decide to work with a therapist virtually.
Thriveworks counseling offers many different types of therapy, including:
- Grief and loss counseling
- Career counseling
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Anger management counseling
- Depression and anxiety counseling
- Family therapy and child therapy
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) counseling
- Addiction counseling
- Eating disorder counseling
Therapists are licensed mental health professionals who will find the right therapeutic technique for your unique situation. No matter what you’re struggling with, your therapist will find ways to help you move forward.
What To Expect From Online Therapy
Generally, the first step involves your licensed counselor spending time getting to know you, your goals, your struggles, and any mental health issues you’re facing. You’ll work together to develop a personalized treatment plan that helps you overcome obstacles in your life.
Online therapists specialize in working with clients over video chats or phone calls. Many clients prefer the convenience and thrive in a virtual therapy environment. If you want to start online counseling at Thriveworks, you have two main options:
- Telephone Counseling: This option is great for anyone who might be unsure about therapy or feels self-conscious about speaking with a counselor. Some people prefer telephone counseling because it helps them focus on the conversation within each session. Telephone counseling is also incredibly simple — you’ll receive a phone call from your therapist when it’s time for your session.
- Video Counseling: Some people prefer the benefits of a face-to-face conversation; video counseling makes that possible in a virtual environment. Video counseling can help you develop a connection with your therapist more quickly and it’s a great option for people who are comfortable with the idea of therapy or who have seen a therapist in the past. Attending a video counseling session is also very easy — you’ll receive a link to a video call before your session. Simply click on the link to join.
The licensed professionals at Thriveworks Counseling in Solana Beach, CA are here to help no matter what type of therapy you choose.
Online Counseling Sessions at Thriveworks in Solana Beach, CA — Schedule Today
Consider reaching out to a Thriveworks counselor today if you’ve been thinking about going to therapy. We pride ourselves on helping people live happier lives and we want to help support you through any struggles you’re facing.
Thriveworks is committed to making therapy fit into your busy schedule. We offer evening and weekend sessions, convenient online counseling options, and a flexible cancellation policy. We also accept most major insurance carriers.
The Thriveworks difference goes beyond excellent mental health care — we also offer other valuable mental health resources. You’ll get access to therapists via phone and email between counseling sessions, exclusive video content from mental health experts, a community discussion forum, and more.
At Thriveworks Counseling in Solana Beach, CA, there’s no waiting list and new clients can often see an online counselor within 24-48 hours. Our scheduling team is standing by to help you get started, so give us a call today.