Focused concentration. Clear thinking. Positivity. Many people take these states of mind for granted, but for the 40 million people in the US who struggle with an anxiety disorder, the story might be quite different.
That’s why Thriveworks San Antonio offers anxiety counseling and therapy to people struggling with anxiety symptoms; we know healing and new progress is possible. So when occasional anxiety transforms into a persistent issue, then it’s possible that mental health services might be able to better assist you—and we’re here to help.
What Is Anxiety Therapy?
Anxiety therapy involves talking to a therapist about your anxiety symptoms, potential causes, and more. They can help you better understand and manage the symptoms of anxiety, which might include:
- Constantly feeling stressed
- Desire to avoid social encounters
- Reliving traumatic experiences in dreams or flashbacks
- Racing thoughts, inability to focus on daily tasks
- Constant fatigue
The most common and effective form of therapy for anxiety is cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). This is typically short-term and involves learning specific skills for reducing your unique anxiety symptoms and getting back to normal life. A subcategory of CBT is exposure therapy, which is also highly effective and involves exposure to the event or object that causes your anxiety.
The goal here is to gain confidence in those situations or around the given object, lessening your anxiety in the process and improving your ability to manage it.
Is There Anxiety Therapy Near Me?
At Thriveworks San Antonio, we offer anxiety therapy both online and in-person. If you are struggling with regular anxiety that is affecting your day-to-day life or you suspect that you have an anxiety disorder, you should seek anxiety therapy.
A professional can help you better understand your anxiety, offer diagnosis, and develop a treatment plan that helps you better manage your day-to-day anxiety or your anxiety disorder.
Anxiety therapy counselors at Thriveworks San Antonio are highly experienced at treating common anxiety disorders, such as:
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety induces distress while engaging with other people. Everything from grocery runs to birthday parties can be cumbersome, fear-filled events.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder can cause panic attacks. These physical episodes might result in dizziness, chest pain, vertigo, and nausea.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): GAD causes anxiety in different scenarios, whether real or imagined. This disorder can be difficult to identify because it isn’t triggered by any single source of anxiety.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): This disorder often induces irrational thought loops, or impulses to perform random physical actions in repetition.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): PTSD, can occur in anyone that has been through a psychologically or physically painful event. Those who suffer from it are often privy to flashbacks to traumatic events, nightmares, and antisocial behavior.
Regardless of their particular anxiety diagnosis, many people find that working through their issues together in anxiety counseling with a trained therapist offers quicker and long-lasting relief than plodding on alone.
Scheduling Therapy for Anxiety through Thriveworks San Antonio
If you are experiencing the symptoms and the effects of an anxiety disorder, know that help is available. There are many treatment options available, and the mental health professionals at Thriveworks San Antonio have helped many clients find the help and the relief they needed.
We also offer competitive benefits, such as:
- Online therapy options
- Coverage under most insurance plans
- Personalized mental health care for your unique needs
We know that fighting anxiety is difficult—scheduling therapy should not be. When you contact our office, you may be meeting with your counselor the following day. We do not keep a waitlist, but we do offer evening and weekend sessions. We also accept many forms of insurance. Call us—or book online at Thriveworks San Antonio today.