When someone is suffering from a mental health condition, their perception of the world around them can change drastically. Sometimes, holding on to feelings of positivity, control, or stability can be quite difficult.
Fortunately, many mental health conditions are highly treatable. And that’s where Thriveworks can help. The licensed psychiatric nurse practitioners at Thriveworks in San Antonio, TX have the experience and extensive knowledge to diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental health conditions like depression, anxiety, and more. We invite you to call our office, or book a session online today to get started.
What Is Psychiatry?
Psychiatry is a form of mental health treatment that uses medication to manage, control, and treat the symptoms of different mental health conditions. While some psychiatric providers do also provide therapy, this is less common—if therapy is required or preferred, some people choose to work with both a therapist and a psychiatric provider.
Psychiatric treatment at Thriveworks in San Antonio, TX begins with an initial assessment that may include the following:
- A talk about treatment goals
- A comprehensive discussion of symptoms, both cognitive and behavioral
- Psychological tests and physical examinations
- Lifestyle questions about substance use, diet, exercise, sleep habits, etc.
- A full medical history
- Family medical history
- Consultations with the clients other doctors and caregivers
- Mood charting
- A full psychosocial evaluation of a person’s core relationships, support system, and home life
Psychiatry services can help anyone who is open to receiving treatment. Everyone suffering from a psychological or behavioral health issue deserves compassionate care, and medication management from Thriveworks Therapy & Psychiatry San Antonio.
Telehealth: Online Psychiatry in San Antonio, TX
At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry San Antonio, TX we offer secure, HIPAA-compliant video conferencing for our clients. After you get to know your psychiatric provider, they can begin developing a medication treatment plan. The treatment plan should have buy-in from the client as well as the doctor.
Supplemental treatment in the form of therapy might include the following:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Other evidence-based cognitive and behavioral therapies
- Lifestyle modifications
- Psychosocial interventions
- Holistic treatments like meditation, mindfulness, and deep breathing
- Group therapy or relationship counseling from a Thriveworks licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EMDR)
- Medication management
Thriveworks clients find that online sessions are just as effective as in-person sessions, plus they’re comfortable and convenient for people from all walks of life, ages, and backgrounds.
Is Psychiatry Right for Me?
At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry San Antonio, we provide results-driven care and help people get back on the road to recovery. Our licensed psychiatric professionals use medication to treat a wide variety of mental health issues, including:
- Anxiety disorders
- Panic disorder and panic attacks
- Type I bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Type II bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Violent behaviors
- Specific phobias
- Self-harming behaviors
- Uncontrollable anger
- Personality disorders
- Anorexia and bulimia eating disorders
- Sleep disorders
Even if your specific circumstance or condition isn’t listed, talking with a psychiatric provider can help provide you with the tools and medication that can alleviate the worst of your symptoms and leave you better prepared for long-term mental health management.
See a Psychiatric Provider Online at Thriveworks in San Antonio, TX
Mental health services are essential to a person’s overall well-being and daily functioning. The licensed psychiatric providers at Thriveworks in San Antonio, TX can apply their knowledge to each individual client’s case, treating the whole person, not just the diagnosis. Benefits of working with a Thriveworks expert include:
- In-network coverage with most insurance providers
- Mental health help when and where you need it
- The ability to schedule online or by phone
- Personalized mental health care for your unique needs
Thriveworks psychiatric providers in San Antonio, TX can meet with clients quickly. Most clients can have a session within the same week of their initial call to the office.
Thriveworks psychiatry services accept most major health insurance plans, making it easier and more affordable to get the necessary care. Call Thriveworks today or book online—we look forward to helping you.