Online Counseling in Salem, MA—Online Therapists, Counselors
Imagine: You are just cruising through life, everything is great, and you feel like nothing could go wrong. You are in a great relationship and your friends are always there when you need them. Then all of a sudden, life hits you with a myriad of challenges. Maybe you:
- Find out you have a life-threatening disease or condition
- Get let go from your job because of budget cuts
- Have to grieve the loss of a loved one
- Struggle with PTSD after a traumatic event
- Get denied from a program you applied for
- Found out you won’t be able to biologically have children
- Get robbed while you are away on vacation
- Break-up with your partner of three years because of communication struggles
- Your child starts acting up at school and will not talk to you about their feelings
It feels like life may be targeting you. Between your busy work schedule and finding time to get your tasks done at home, all while balancing a social life, you feel like you can’t make it to another appointment. Luckily, Thriveworks Salem Counseling offers online counseling services to our clients. Our licensed clinicians have innumerable methods and tools to assist you through whatever challenges you are currently facing. Ready to get the well-deserved help you need? Contact Thriveworks Salem Counseling at (508) 392-4269 to get started.
Can Online Counseling Help Me?
The different scenarios listed above are just some of the different areas in which one of our online psychologists can help you. While some people prefer the traditional route of counseling by meeting with their therapist in-person, others find it greatly beneficial to receive counseling through teletherapy. If you are still on the fence about whether or not you would benefit from online counseling, consider these few perks:
- It’s effective: Some might think that online counseling might not be as effective as in-person counseling. That would be false! Research shows that clients who pursue online therapy have just as much meaningful progress in their lives as those who see their therapist in person.
- It’s comfortable: One of the greatest benefits of online counseling is how comfortable it is. You can have your appointment from wherever you feel is best. Have a safe space at home? Awesome! You can speak to your provider from there. Also, some of our clients feel more at ease when speaking with their therapist virtually because it takes some of the pressure off of meeting with someone in a shared space.
- It’s convenient: To go along with comfortability, teletherapy is convenient. You do not have to rush from your home or office to get to an appointment on time. You also don’t have to worry about added stressors like weather, traffic, and other unforeseen incidents.
- It’s affordable: Most major insurance carriers now cover online counseling and we accept most major insurance carriers! However, if your insurance doesn’t qualify, we have great self-payment options.
The short answer is yes, online counseling can help you. Our counselors are trained and licensed in many different fields and can help you work through most of life’s problems. Not only that, but they will provide you with the tools and skills you need to cope with what has happened in your past and prepare for anything that may come up in the future. At Thriveworks Salem Counseling, we want to be your partner in your mental health journey. Consider reaching out, we would love to help you.
What are My Online Counseling Options?
We offer two different types of online counseling here at Thriveworks Salem. Both are greatly beneficial to our clients. Those different options are:
- Phone Counseling: At your scheduled appointment time, your therapist will call you over the phone. All you have to do is answer!
- Video Chat Counseling: Prior to your scheduled appointment time, you will receive a link to a video chat room. Once it is time for your appointment, just click the link to be taken to the video chat!
Some of our clients like to test out both virtual options for their appointments. If you do not feel like one way is working out for you, just try the other option. We want you to feel comfortable and safe for every appointment.
Ready to Get Started? Schedule Your Online Counseling Session at Thriveworks Salem, MA
We understand how hard life can get sometimes. You never know what challenge is going to be thrown your way and put a wrench in your plans. Don’t feel like you have to tackle those challenges all on your own. The therapists here at Thriveworks Salem are dedicated to providing their clients with a safe and comfortable environment to work through their issues.
If you are ready to get started, give our office a call at (508) 392-4269 where you will be connected with a scheduling specialist. We have flexible scheduling options and offer appointment times in the daytime, evenings, and weekends. For any specific questions about our services beyond what is listed on our website, just call and ask. We can’t wait to help you thrive!