Brookings Psychiatry—Psychiatrists in Brookings, SD
Psychiatrists are certified medical doctors who are able to address all of your mental and emotional health concerns. They are well-prepared, thanks to many dedicated years to acquiring the skills, knowledge, training, and experience needed to help people.
Here at Thriveworks, we only work with the best of the best psychiatrists. That means partnering with those who possess those important skills, knowledge, training, and experience, as well as compassion. All of our providers truly care about the clients that they work with and have their best interest at heart.
To begin working with one of our psychiatrists, call Thriveworks Counseling in Brookings, SD at (605) 610-3389. We can set you up with an online psychiatrist who is qualified to help anyone in the state of South Dakota. They conduct their sessions virtually, including over the phone and video conferencing. Schedule your phone or video psychiatry appointment today!
What Are Mental Disorders? How Can Psychiatrists Treat Them?
Mental disorders are those that interfere with one’s thoughts, behaviors, and emotions. A few of the most common and widespread include:
- Anxiety: Excessive worry and fear are characteristic of these disorders. One’s worry or fear is so excessive and strong that it disrupts their ability to function normally.
- Depression: Feelings of despair and hopelessness, as well as disinterest in day to day activities, are characteristic of depression. Depression can be split into different types, including major depression and postpartum depression.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: One might begin to experience symptoms of PTSD after experiencing a traumatic event that they don’t deal with properly. It comes with harmful symptoms like flashbacks and nightmares.
- Bipolar disorder: Distinct changes in mood and behavior characterize bipolar disorder. One experiences both manic and depressive episodes, which are two extremes. With mania, one displays overactivity, and with depression, one experiences those symptoms of depression we just talked about.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: An inability to focus and hyperactivity are symptoms characteristic of ADHD. Often, children and teens are diagnosed with ADHD, which persists throughout their lives (though, it can be managed well).
Mental health conditions and disturbances can have a seriously negative impact on one’s life. In fact, they can have many seriously negative effects on one’s life. It’s important that we reach out for help when we experience warning signs of a mental illness so that we can address them quickly before they get worse.
Psychiatrists dedicate their lives to helping people with these very problems. There is no shame to be had in meeting with a psychiatrist, as there is likely nothing you could tell them that they haven’t already heard or seen before. Remember: These professionals function to help you. They are not there to judge you.
You might be wondering how psychiatrists differ from other mental health professionals you’ve heard of or worked with before. As we touched one earlier these are medical doctors who can offer comprehensive care. Unlike other mental health professionals, they can prescribe medication as part of your treatment plan.
Schedule Psychiatric Care in Brookings, SD
As we have reiterated several times already, it’s important to reach out for help when we need it. On that note, you should be able to receive this help as soon as you ask for it. For this reason, Thriveworks Counseling in Brookings, SD will not put you on a waitlist. Instead, we’ll set you up with a psychiatrist right away. New clients often meet their provider the same or next-day as the day they scheduled.
The psychiatrists at Thriveworks Counseling offer their clients compassionate, effective care over the phone and video. This means that it doesn’t matter how far you are from our Brookings, SD office; if you reside in the state of South Dakota, you can easily and conveniently work with one of our psychiatrists.
Schedule your psychiatry appointment today by calling (605) 610-3389.