Any worker who fails to keep their skills current often runs into difficulties if the time comes to change jobs or even career paths. Another problem is when both young and old alike fail to develop their computer skills. Basic computer literacy is not difficult, not even for the technically challenged. In fact, there is very little that’s “technical” with using popular software programs. Those without such skills are going to have to play catchup if they need to move on in their jobs or careers. The best advice out there is to not fall behind, otherwise you risk losing out to the competition.
Career counseling is a great place to start for anyone looking to compete in the jobs market. At its most basic level, good career counseling will assist in these two key areas:
- Help to update your outdated profile
- Offer a proper assessment of where you’re at now and where you need to head
The career counselors at Thriveworks Counseling in Providence, RI can fulfill the above areas and more. They can help you understand your strengths and weaknesses, as well as help you harness your strengths and improve your weaknesses. If you’re looking for greater career success or happiness, don’t hesitate to work with a member of our career counseling team.
Failure to Prepare
The biggest challenge of all for most people is being unprepared and ill-equipped. Anyone who needs to suddenly relaunch a career or is just starting out has to be ready. The longer someone is out of work, the more difficult it can be to get into meaningful employment. If you’re stuck in a rut, consider getting in touch with a vocational counseling service provider without delay.
How Vocational or Career Counseling Helps
Choosing careers guidance and support is often a very wise move for anyone at any age. A good counselor can help to uncover problems and suggest solutions to all kinds of things you may not have otherwise spotted. Some of these will include the following (in no particular order):
- Advice on résumé and cover letting writing
- Plan a set of attainable goals and a workable plan of action
- Help with using creative ways to look for work and promote your talents
- Identify and address issues that may be holding you back
- Identify any negative thoughts and behaviors
- Look at fitting career path/role/opportunities
- Look at how to make the most of any existing skills and life experiences
- Look into personal issues that may have an impact on work-life
- Take positive steps to move toward a healthier and happier life
Schedule an Appointment with a Career Counselor Today
If you’re having difficulty resetting your career or finding gainful employment, call Thriveworks Counseling in Providence, RI to schedule an appointment with our career counselors today. We will be happy to discuss all your available options. This could be the best call you make all year.