Sadie can’t remember the last time she talked with her brother, Adam. They live in different states, on opposite sides of the country. They see each other on holidays and exchange a few words over social media every now and then, but the fact remains that she feels like she barely knows her brother at this point.
Sadie wants this to change. The last time she saw Adam, she talked with him about what was going on in his life. After a few awkward minutes, she realized how hard it was—she didn’t even know where to start. Afterward, Sadie did some thinking. She’d heard about online therapy, and now she’s wondering if they could resolve the distance between them through virtual counseling sessions together.
If you’re considering online counseling or therapy, the counselors at Thriveworks in Irvine, CA are excited for the chance to work with you. Our team of providers can help you connect with your emotional wellbeing and confront the mental health issues that are standing in the way of your path to success. We hope that when you’re ready, you’ll reach out to us to schedule online therapy with a provider who can help.
What Is Online Therapy? How Can It Help Me?
Online therapy offers a modern solution to our hectic schedules. It allows people everywhere to connect with our mental health professionals, without missing a beat. Online therapy can help with many different topics or mental health conditions, such as:
- Problems related to low self-esteem or self-worth
- Stress that’s related to work or finances
- Avoidant behaviors/conflict resolution
- Anxiety, or obsessive thoughts (random or situation-specific)
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Difficulties processing negative emotions
- Dealing with the loss of a family member or friend
- Relationship issues
Keep in mind though—these are just a few of the many different subjects and concerns that our online therapists can assist you with. Don’t be worried if your specific situation isn’t listed above. By sharing your experience and mental health needs with your therapist, you’ll open the door to personalized care that’s designed specifically for you.
Benefits of Online Counseling
While you might feel nervous about talking with a provider, the truth is that online therapy is a great way to eliminate some of the anxiety that you might feel. And, doing so is a proactive way to prioritize your mental health, too. Online therapy can be beneficial if you would rather:
- Avoid the anxiety that can arise for some during in-person sessions.
- Engage with your provider over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session.
Plus, you can rest easy knowing that your virtual session will follow the same rigorous HIPAA privacy guidelines as our in-person sessions. Get personalized, quality mental health care without having to worry about your personal information being compromised. And, online therapy isn’t just limited to individuals. Families, couples, and friends can all reconnect through virtual sessions. No matter where you are, you can work to improve yourself independently or your most important relationships.
Schedule an Online Therapy Session Today with Thriveworks in Irvine, CA
When you open up to one of our online therapists, you’re taking the steps toward better mental health. Reach out to Thriveworks in Irvine, CA when you’re ready to team up with an online therapist. You can look forward to these membership benefits and more:
- Weekend and evening session times
- The ability to talk to your provider between sessions
- Access to an electronic copy of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other valuable mental health resources
- Flexible 23.5-hour cancellations
- No waitlist
Online therapy with Thriveworks could be a solution for you, as thousands of people across the country have discovered. While it’s not the same as waving a magic wand, deciding to partner with a therapist or counselor could offer you new ways to manage your mental health needs and concerns—call Thriveworks in Irvine, CA today.