Tyler and Andrea have been married for 10 years, and for the most part, things have been great. They have two children, and both are enjoying successful careers. Their future shows a lot of promise, but there are also a lot of unknowns. And it’s these unknowns that are driving a wedge between Tyler and Andrea; both of them are stressed about money, their kids, and their romantic relationship.
Tyler doesn’t want their stress to get in between them—so he’s considering whether the two of them could benefit from talking to a marriage counselor about what they’re dealing with. While Andrea feels hesitant, she also agrees that having a professional’s insight and guidance might help them. Plus, the added stability and support could allow them to re-ignite the long-forgotten romantic aspects of their relationship; something that’s been missing for some time.
If Tyler and Andrea’s situation sounds familiar, then perhaps you and the one you love are struggling with your own set of issues. If you are, confiding in a couples therapist or marriage counselor might make a big difference. At Thriveworks in Irvine, CA, our marriage counselors and couples therapists are ready to work together with you to improve your relationship and reignite that spark.
Do We Need to Work with a Relationship Counselor?
Deciding to talk with a marriage counselor or couples therapist is an important decision that you and your partner will need to make together—but if you do choose to connect with a mental health professional at Thriveworks, you’ll be gaining a powerful ally to help you improve your relationship. Couples therapy and marriage counseling can offer ways to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
Plus, marriage counselors and couples therapists are licensed professionals, whose sole commitment is to help you and your romantic partner strengthen your relationship. You’ll give them the valuable insight that they need to provide you both with personalized mental health care.
While each couple is unique, common signs that you and your partner might benefit from professional assistance include:
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, there’s no reason to feel shame. And our therapists and counselors aren’t going to judge you for your difficulties. Instead of feeling defeated about seeking assistance with your relationship, it might be helpful to view the process as a way to prioritize your bond. The most important thing is the connection between both of you, and taking steps to preserve that connection is a smart choice.
Schedule Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling at Thriveworks in Irvine, CA
When you and you and your partner reach out to Thriveworks in Irvine, CA for marriage counseling or couples therapy, you’ll be connected with a provider who cares about helping you improve your relationship. And when you enroll in our services, you’ll be gaining access to a great variety of exclusive benefits, including:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately and a time that works for both of you to chat with a therapist, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and your schedules.
- 23.5-hour cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
And remember, a couples therapist or marriage counselor can assist you both by:
- Using feedback from both partners to establish healthy boundaries for communication
- Rebuilding trust by working through tough issues like infidelity or verbal abuse
- Rekindling intimacy by exploring physical aspects of your relationship
- Highlighting the importance and need for compromise
So when you’re both ready, contact Thriveworks in Irvine to get connected with a therapist or counselor that can help you get your relationship back on the right track.