Chris can think of a million things he’d rather do than confront his anxiety. It isn’t that he hasn’t tried—nothing so far has worked. He does his best to keep his anxious thoughts from affecting his job, personal life, and goals, but he knows that anxiety is still doing a lot of damage. His partner, Jessica, has suggested that Chris could benefit from talking to a psychologist but Chris feels resistant. He wonders what seeking mental health services could indicate about himself to his family.
After some thinking, Chris realizes that the best thing to do is try to talk to someone about his anxiety. Besides, talking to a psychologist might offer him beneficial insight and professional guidance that he might not get otherwise. The more he thinks about it, the more Chris realizes how much a psychologist could help him out.
Our psychologists help everyday people just like Chris or yourself to experience relief from the mental health challenges they’re faced with. If you think you might find value in talking to a psychologist, reach out to Thriveworks in Irvine, CA.
What Does a Psychologist Do?
A psychologist is a licensed mental health professional who can diagnose and treat mental health conditions and disorders. Psychologists team up with their clients to help them manage and mitigate the disruptive symptoms of their mental health challenges. While everyone’s situation varies, our psychologists at Thriveworks in Irvine, CA commonly help people with:
- Breakups and divorces
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
Still, there’s no cause for concern if you’re not seeing the issues that you’re dealing with being listed above. These are just a few of the many different issues and conditions that our psychologists can assist you with.
How Can a Psychologist Help?
Psychologists often use talk or behavioral therapy in order to help clients work through what’s bothering them. Clients can choose to attend therapy in-person or online, by phone or video.
Psychologists are often the go-to choice for people who are experiencing family, relationship, or friendship troubles. Through group therapy, a psychologist can offer you and your loved ones the opportunity to:
- Set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Resolve relationship or marital problems
- Build healthier family relationships
- Improve emotional regulation
- Improve your communication skills
Call Thriveworks in Irvine, CA to Connect with a Psychologist
By reaching out to connect with someone from our team at Thriveworks, you can be equipped to handle life’s ups and downs as they occur. We’ve also made the therapy process even easier with our online therapy options. Online therapy might be an attractive choice if you’re interested in:
- Meeting with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session
- Avoiding the anxiety that arises for some when they think about attending in-person sessions
- Engaging with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more
Rest assured that our virtual sessions still adhere to the same privacy standards as our in-person meetings do. You can get the professional attention and guidance that you need while knowing your personal information is safe and secure.
So call to enroll with our office in Irvine, CA. When you do, someone from our scheduling team will assist you. Our scheduling specialists are available seven days a week—and can help with everything from determining if a provider accepts your insurance to finding the perfect psychologist to fit your needs. Plus, choosing to enroll with us opens the door to a host of exclusive benefits, like:
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
- Same or next-day appointments
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of psychologists if you’re ready to start moving forward and experiencing relief from your mental health challenges. At Thriveworks in Irvine, CA, we know that anyone, regardless of age or background, can gain something from opening up to a psychologist.