Breaking up from a lover, spouse or partner shouldn’t always be a painful experience. But the way you approach it matters a lot. Dealing with the aftermaths of a breakup alone can be energy-sapping and ineffective. You need the assistance of an experienced relationship counselor or therapist to lead you smoothly into full recovery.
When people break up, there are some symptoms that will be noticeable in their lives. Some of these symptoms are:
- Lack of motivation to accomplish anything, whether in their personal or professional life
- Suffering from depression
- Feeling anxious or affected by anxiety
- Unable to relax and focus
- Lack of mental coordination due to stress, and so on
If you are exhibiting any or all of the symptoms listed above after a breakup, it is quite helpful that you arrange to meet a relationship counselor who will professionally put you through some necessary steps in order to achieve full recovery. A trained therapist will apply the following procedures to assist you:
- He/she will take the time to listen attentively to you.
- He/she will design a system to help you get over your past guilt and respect yourself.
- He/she will help you improve your self-confidence so that you can boldly go into another relationship.
- He/she will offer practical suggestions about how you can overcome your fear of starting another relationship after breaking up.
- He/she will smoothly guide you into emboldening yourself so that you won’t have to make similar relationship mistakes.
Not everyone embraces the reality that handling post-breakup issues on one’s own may be too difficult and ineffective. Breakups bring a lot of delicate issues—financial, social, and mental challenges. While it is possible to handle financial and social challenges on your own, to some extent, mental challenges, which include depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders require the assistance of a seasoned relationship therapist. To return to your normal self after a breakup, you need to seek some help from a professional therapist.
Why don’t you give Thriveworks Counseling in Houston, TX a call today so that we can schedule a consultation for you?