Karissa’s main complaint is that she never has enough time. Whether she’s at work, spending time with her partner, or enjoying her hobbies, there are never enough minutes in the day. It also doesn’t help that her racing thoughts make it difficult to concentrate. But despite her negative thought loops, Karissa still does her best to enjoy life and spend time with her people.
But lately, Karissa has noticed her anxiety building, and she’s not really sure why. Though she does her best to focus, it feels as though her mind is running away from her. Though she gets temporary relief through exercise, deep breathing, and painting, these activities alone don’t seem like enough to keep her anxiety at bay. She wants to take action by talking with a mental health professional; and with her busy schedule on her heels, Karissa is considering whether she could benefit from online therapy.
Like Karissa, many of us are so busy that the thought of making and attending a counseling appointment feels like an extra chore. But online counseling makes it easier. It can offer you relief from the burdening effects of mental illness without contributing to other mental challenges like stress. Contact our office to schedule your online counseling appointment at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL.
What Is Online Therapy? Should I Talk to an Online Therapist?
Online therapy is the modern choice in mental health care; it’s a great way to receive the benefits of talking to a mental health professional without having to commute to an office. That being said, it’s understandable if you’re feeling uncertain about virtual services. But rest assured, our online therapy sessions are:
- Safe: Our online therapy sessions follow HIPAA guidelines to protect your privacy and information. You can rest assured that Thriveworks values your safety and privacy as much as we do your mental health.
- Effective: Online therapy is just as effective for many of our clients as in-person sessions are. Though preference for either will vary between individuals, online therapists still provide the same level of care and support.
Seeking the support of one of our providers is a great way to improve your quality of life and emotional wellbeing. It can allow you to:
- Find time in your schedule to attend appointments
- Avoid any potential anxiety you have about talking with a therapist in person
- Access the mental health services you need, even if there aren’t any therapists in your immediate area
How Can a Thriveworks Therapist Help Me?
Opening up to a provider can provide them with the feedback they need to help you feel better. Our online therapists and counselors can:
- Create a treatment plan that fits their client’s unique perspective and situation
- Cultivate empathy and compassion between family members or couples in group therapy sessions
- Educate the individual about mental health subjects and issues, and provide coping strategies to improve your quality of life
- Help individuals regulate their emotions, like anger or grief
Your therapist may use talk or behavioral therapy as part of your treatment plan, but it all depends on your preferences and unique needs as a client. Though mental health conditions and disorders manifest differently for everyone, our providers commonly help everyday people to manage their:
- Relationship or family problems
- Difficulty dealing with the death of a loved one or friend
- Breakup or divorce
Schedule an Online Therapy Session with Thriveworks in Evanston, IL
Dealing with mental health conditions on your own can be difficult—but with online therapy at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL, you can get access to great mental health care virtually anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet access and a private place to speak with your therapist or counselor, you’re set. So call our office today to start the enrollment process. Our scheduling specialists are here seven days a week to assist you. And when you’ve enrolled, you’ll get access to exclusive benefits, including:
- Scheduling availability on weekends and evenings
- Same and next-day appointments
- Phone and email access to your provider as needed in-between appointments
- Our life coach Q&A chat line
- Our flexible 23.5hr cancellation policy
It’s easy to make time to prioritize your emotional wellbeing with online therapy at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL. Connect with your provider from home, the office, or on the go.