David and his wife, Lisa, have always enjoyed going to concerts together. Each month, they make sure to put a new show on the books; discovering new musical acts together has also been a fun way for them both to spend more time bonding, too. But lately, David’s been feeling off, and Lisa is worried. Instead of looking forward to his weekends, David’s finding it difficult to enjoy his time away from work; feelings of sadness and apathy are starting to overwhelm him each day.
But Lisa doesn’t intend on letting things escalate. Last night she talked with David and reminded him how much she cares about him. She mentioned that she’s worried about his mental health, and is concerned that he may be suffering from depression. A few days have gone by, and David’s had some time to reflect on Lisa’s words. He knows that deep down, she’s right. David wants to be present for himself and his wife, so he prepares to talk with a psychiatrist to get professional help.
While your situation may not perfectly mirror David’s, the fact is that everyone’s mental health will be challenged at some point in their lives. That’s why at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL we offer professional assistance from our team of psychiatrists. By working together with someone from our psychiatric team, you can be better equipped to handle life’s ups and downs with confidence and support.
What Is a Psychiatrist?
If you’re not familiar with what a psychiatrist is or does, they’re a specialized type of provider. They’re set apart from therapists and counselors in that they’re:
- Medical doctors: Psychiatrists use their combined knowledge of medicine with their therapeutic background. They’re able to diagnose and treat many types of mental health disorders and conditions. The result is a unique and personalized client experience for you.
- Able to prescribe medication: Psychiatrists can prescribe helpful medications to their clients. These prescriptions assist people in managing their mental health issues. While not everyone will need prescription medicine, it’s just another unique way that psychiatry can benefit everyday people.
If you decide to talk to a psychiatrist, you can trust that your psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL will listen to and address your concerns. They’ll also pay special attention to any treatment preferences you may have.
Should I Consider Online Psychiatry?
With Thriveworks in Evanston, IL, our psychiatric team is 100% virtual, which means added convenience and scheduling flexibility for you. You might find our virtual services appealing if you want to:
- Eliminate the need to commute to an office. If you have reliable internet and a private space to talk with your psychiatrist, you’re set. Attend your session from home, the office—wherever.
- Prioritize your mental health. Take care of your emotional wellbeing, even if you have a busy work or travel schedule. Parents or those taking care of elder relatives can have the opportunity to take care of themselves, too.
- Reduce the anxiety you might feel about seeking mental health services. When you’re able to talk from the location of your choice, it can be easier to discuss concepts or situations related to your mental health needs.
And if your mental health challenges arise from more persistent or severe types of mental health conditions, especially mood or behavioral disorders, then a psychiatrist could be the perfect fit.
Our psychiatric team commonly helps everyday people like you to manage and mitigate:
- Eating disorders
- Social anxiety
- And many other mental health conditions
Schedule an Online Psychiatry Session Today at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL
If you’re ready to team up with one of our psychiatrists and get the mental health support that you need, then call our office in Evanston, IL today to enroll. You’ll be assisted by our team of scheduling specialists; they’re available seven days a week to make finding a provider, setting up your insurance, or booking a session as easy as possible. And when you’ve finished, you’ll get access to our premium benefits for enrollees, including:
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
- 23.5hr cancellation policy: Call less than 24hrs before your session to cancel without any charges
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
Seeking assistance from a psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL is a great way to prioritize your emotional wellbeing and overall mental health. If you believe that you could benefit from talking to one of our mental health professionals, call our office today.