Harris and his long-time girlfriend Stacey enjoy their close connection. But Harris is the first one to admit he struggles to express his feelings. It isn’t that he wants to keep secrets or leave his partner in the dark, but he worries that sharing his concerns and insecurities with Stacey will alienate her or cause her to judge him. Harris’s negative thought loops leave him feeling isolated and are a source of constant frustration.
But instead of letting his anxious thoughts rule him, Harris wants to take proactive action. After taking time to talk with Stacey, Harris feels like connecting with a psychologist could be the right choice for him. Getting professional assistance and encouragement sounds beneficial, and he knows that learning to open up will help his relationship to grow, too. And after reading online, Harris knows that he might be able to connect with his psychologist virtually, too.
Just like Harris, everyday people turn to psychologists for assistance with their mental health challenges. And at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL our psychologists can offer you their support and guidance. If you’re interested, our psychological team can help you get back on the right track as you learn to balance your emotions and manage your needs. Reach out to our office to connect with a provider today.
What Does a Psychologist Do?
A psychologist’s job is to connect with their clients through therapy sessions. These sessions aim to help everyday people become better equipped to deal with life’s ups and downs in real-time. Psychologists often work with their clients to offer coping strategies to help deal with troublesome real-life scenarios. Some of the common situations or conditions that our team of psychologists in Beaumont, TX help with include:
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issue
These are just a few of the many topics that our psychologists can address, so don’t be concerned if your situation isn’t listed. By openly discussing your problems and challenges with one of our psychologists at Thriveworks, you’ll provide them with the feedback they need to understand your situation. Plus, if your mental health needs are related to family or relationship difficulties, group counseling might be something for you to consider. Counseling or therapy sessions with a psychologist can help you and your loves to improve:
- Relationship or marital problems
- Unhealthy family dynamics
- Your ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Your emotional regulation skills (through anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills and ability to compromise
Connect with a Psychologist Through Online Counseling
For those who want extra flexibility and convenience, online therapy through Thriveworks in Evanston, IL is a great option. Talking virtually with one of our psychologists is a great way to:
- Avoid the anxiety or embarrassment that might arise during in-person sessions.
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session.
You can also rest easy, knowing that our virtual sessions are still protected by the same rigorous privacy guidelines set forth by HIPAA. Your personal information is secure and safe, so you can make the most out of your sessions without having to worry.
Schedule a Session with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL
With the assistance and expert insight of one of our psychologists at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL, getting relief from problematic mental health issues and conditions has never been easier. And while deciding to seek therapy or counseling may be a solo decision, there’s no need to face your mental health challenges alone.
Give us a call; when you do, you’ll be assisted with the scheduling process by one of our scheduling specialists. They’re available seven days a week to help you with finding the perfect time for your sessions and connecting with the right provider.
Plus, becoming a Thriveworks client offers a variety of exclusive benefits just for you, including:
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
- Our flexible 23.5-hour cancellation policy
- Same and next-day appointments
- Email and phone access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
Connecting with a psychologist may be a productive way to help balance your mental health. If you’re interested in being paired with a psychologist at Thriveworks in Evanston, IL, don’t hesitate to reach out today.