Jen’s had a pretty rough year. She got laid off from her job in the spring, broke up with her boyfriend over the summer, and is still trying to find her sense of balance. It seems to her like she’s on a downward spiral, one that she’s not quite sure how to stop. Talking to her family or friends about what she’s experiencing seems too anxiety-inducing, and besides, Jen feels guilty talking to them about her personal issues.
But eventually, she knows that she’ll need to make a change, or risk harming herself further if she avoids the growing despair she’s pushing to the back of her mind. So instead of running from what she’s experiencing, Jen’s ready to talk to a psychologist. She’s interested in engaging with someone who cares, knows how to help, and can offer her solutions.
Like Jen, you may be feeling like you’ve been pressed into the corner with nowhere to turn. But at Thriveworks in Dacula, GA we want you to know that you’re not alone. We have an experienced and empathetic team of psychologists waiting to help you recover your confidence and sense of purpose. When you’re ready to see what teaming up with a psychologist can do for you, give our office a call.
Should I See a Psychologist? How Can They Help?
Psychologists are highly trained mental health professionals who are licensed to diagnose and treat many different types of mental health conditions. Like therapists and counselors, a psychologist uses talk and behavioral therapy methods to help clients process their emotions. Psychologists can also work together with their clients to implement coping strategies that help them to manage situations or emotions that trigger unpleasant feelings.
Some of the situations or mental health conditions that psychologists can assist with include:
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
Remember—these are just a few of the many different themes and issues that we help people to cope with. Opening up to one of our psychologists can help them understand what’s wrong, and how they can help you move forward.
Psychologists can also mediate group counseling, which is a great way to re-establish trust and health communication in your closest relationships. Attending counseling sessions with friends, family, or your partner can help improve your:
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Relationship or marital problems
- Family relationships
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills
Should I Meet with a Psychologist Virtually?
Dealing with mental health issues by yourself can be difficult, but reaching out to get assistance from one of our psychologists is easy. We’ve made it even easier with our online therapy options, too. Now, as long as you have reliable internet access and somewhere private to talk, you and your psychologist can work together on addressing your mental health needs. Online therapy is a must if you want to:
- Meet with your psychologist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session
- Avoid the anxiety or embarrassment that arise for some during in-person sessions
- Engage with your psychologist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more
Plus, you can rest easy during your virtual session, knowing that online therapy follows the same strict privacy guidelines from the APA and HIPAA as our in-person sessions do.
Schedule a Session with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in Dacula, GA
If your mental health has been suffering, then seeking assistance from a psychologist could offer you the chance to enjoy newfound stability, independence, and freedom from your mental health concerns. When you decide to call our Dacula, GA office, you’ll be assisted by one of our scheduling specialists. Our support team is available seven days a week and can help with everything from setting up your insurance, to finding you the right psychologist, even if there’s no one in your immediate area. And when you choose to enroll, we give you instant access to industry-leading benefits, including:
- Flexible cancellation options
- The ability to communicate with your provider through email between sessions
- A digital copy of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other great resources
- Evening and weekend session times
- Same and next day appointment availability
- Email access with your provider outside of sessions
If you feel like a psychologist could help you to address your mental health needs, then reach out to Thriveworks in Dacula, GA. There’s no need to face your mental health conditions or challenges alone—call and be paired with a psychologist that understands you and can address your needs.