When it comes to mental health, many of us aren’t sure of where to start, or how to evaluate our mental wellbeing. We might know that there’s more to being okay than just feeling like we’re in a good mood. But we aren’t robots, and we definitely aren’t perfect—so how do we know the difference between going through life’s ups and downs as normal and mental health conditions or disorders that might be affecting us?
The truth is that only a licensed mental health professional, like our Thriveworks team in Concord, CA, has the ability to diagnose and treat the symptoms of mental health conditions and disorders. Yet therapy or psychiatric care isn’t just about handing the reins off to your provider and allowing them to dictate your life. Mental health services are designed to provide you the support and guidance you need to make choices for yourself. In many ways, it allows everyday people to gain more independence in their lives.
Many people feel uneasy or embarrassed about seeking mental health services because they are afraid of:
- Being judged for seeing a mental health professional
- Committing to appointment times
- Talking about issues that make them feel uncomfortable
Deciding to connect with a mental health professional might be a first-time experience for you, so we understand that it can seem intimidating to share your inner thoughts with someone you don’t know. But thankfully, there’s no need to worry—our providers are expert listeners and want to know more about your situation and personality in order to help you. The information and background that you share fuels your progress, as you both partner together to treat your mental health concerns.
See an Online Psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Concord, CA
One of our most popular services is our online psychiatry program, which helps everyday people get relief from their mental health conditions and disorders. While it’s important to note these conditions can vary from person to person, our psychiatrists commonly help people dealing with:
- Eating disorders
- Substance abuse problems
- And many other conditions
Psychiatrists might help treat some of the same conditions as a therapist or counselor would, but the reality is that psychiatrists have a different approach and background than other providers. For starters, psychiatrists:
- Are licensed to conduct therapy sessions as a psychologist would
- Can prescribe medications to help treat disorders or conditions
- May use a combination of prescriptions and therapy as a part of a treatment program
Using their blend of medicine and therapeutic techniques, psychiatrists can assist clients with more severe or persistent disorders and conditions; but they are trained to listen to your needs and concerns as well. Plus, with the added flexibility of online psychiatry, getting your mental health needs met has never been easier. Online appointments are a great option for those who want to:
- Avoid any anxiety about meeting their provider in person
- Reduce time spent driving to a brick-and-mortar location
- Get the mental health care they need, from home or the office. Connect with your provider anywhere that has reliable internet and a private space to talk.
Online psychiatry is a safe, secure, and convenient way for you to get the psychiatric care you deserve without missing a step. If it sounds like connecting with someone from our psychiatric team in Concord, CA might be beneficial for you, give us a call to get started.
Book a Counseling, Therapy, or Psychiatry Appointment with Thriveworks in Concord, CA
Even though prioritizing your mental health might feel selfish, the reality is that taking the time to balance our internal selves can help us to be more present when we engage with the people and things that we love. And there’s certainly nothing wrong with that. So if partnering with one of our providers to improve your mental health sounds appealing, we hope to hear from you at our office in Concord, CA.
And to make your experience as one of our clients as effortless as possible, our scheduling specialists are available seven days a week to assist you. Booking over the phone has never been easier, and we also offer industry-leading enrollment benefits, such as:
- Life coach Q/A chat line: Find guidance from our life coaches–you can get detailed answers to your most important questions.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: When you call us to make an appointment, you’ll be greeted by one of our scheduling specialists. Their expertise and guidance make getting the care you need even easier.
- Same and next-day sessions: Say goodbye to waiting in line for an appointment! Schedule and attend a session the same or next day—and cancel your appointment without penalty as long as you give us a 23.5hr notice.
- Consistent, timely appointments: Many of our clients (97%) report that their sessions start at or before their scheduled time. If it’s your first time calling in to schedule with your provider, you’ll often have your first appointment within 24-48hrs of calling them.
If you’re looking for a way to get the most out of life, then connecting with a mental health professional at Thriveworks in Concord, CA could benefit you. The decision to seek therapy is a personal decision, but navigating the challenges ahead doesn’t need to happen alone.
Ultimately, our goal is to make quality mental health care accessible to all, and we’ve got the nationwide team to make it happen. We hope that you’ll reach out to our office to schedule counseling, therapy, or psychiatry services. Better mental health can become a reality when you team up with a provider through Thriveworks.