The Greek philosopher Plutarch once stated, thousands of years before the invention of modern psychology, “What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.” He recognized then, as we do today, that good mental health is everything. It can serve as the foundation for all our success and self-realization. It can inspire us to do great things. On the flip side of that, when we’re struggling psychologically, our poor mental health can have a broad negative effect on our lives and lead to bad outcomes. That’s why it’s essential to be proactive about maintaining your healthy feelings and behaviors.
Online counseling at Thriveworks in Berkeley, CA allows you to get the premium psychological support you need in a convenient and affordable way. Thriveworks therapists are fully licensed, highly qualified, compassionate, and flexible. And they can help you address your mental health, behavioral, and interpersonal issues from the comfort of your own living room.
What Are the Benefits of Online Counseling?
Legitimate online counseling isn’t just sending texts back and forth with an unqualified therapist. At Thriveworks in Berkeley, CA, online counseling means you participate in a full therapy session with a licensed provider via secure telehealth software. (Most clients choose video conferencing for virtual counseling, but Thriveworks also offers phone options.) And online counseling offers numerous benefits like the following:
- Virtual therapy sessions can save you time and money. You might not need to travel, hire babysitters, or take off work to attend your sessions.
- They can offer more scheduling flexibility, like offering sessions on evenings and weekends.
- They can make group therapy more convenient by not requiring every participant to be in the same place at the same time.
- They allow people to discuss personal matters in familiar, comfortable surroundings.
- They give more options to clients who are looking for a provider with certain experience, like in LGBTQ issues for example, because they’re no longer limited by geography.
- They let you meet with your provider even if you’re out of town, traveling for work or pleasure.
- They make it easy to have sessions even if you worry about germs or viruses and don’t want to be in close proximity to another person.
- They let you meet easily with your therapist even if you’re suffering from anxiety, depression, or another mental health condition that makes it difficult for you to leave the house. They also help people with physical mobility issues.
- They help individuals in rural communities access the specialized mental health services they need.
- They bypass the waiting room.
Can I Book a Psychiatrist Online at Thriveworks in Berkeley, CA?
Thriveworks psychiatrists in Berkeley, CA can meet with clients online to diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental health conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and major depression. Psychiatrists at Thriveworks can also prescribe medication and manage medication in virtual appointments. Psychiatrists are famous for their quick follow-up appointments, and online sessions make these a lot more convenient to attend.
How Secure Is Online Therapy?
Online counseling at Thriveworks in Berkeley takes place over secure, HIPAA-compliant software enabled by state-of-the-art telehealth technology. Thriveworks prioritizes patient privacy and has numerous safeguards in place to make sure a client’s personal information stays between them and their provider, no matter what format the sessions are in.
Is Online Counseling Covered by Insurance?
All Thriveworks providers in all states are fully licensed, thus they accept most major forms of health insurance, whether they’re meeting clients online or in-person at the modern office in Berkeley, CA. If a client does not have health insurance, Thriveworks offers affordable self-pay rates.
If you’re not sure if your health insurance will cover therapy, call the Thriveworks office during its extended business hours and you can reach a human being, not a voicemail, who can help answer all your questions and address your financial concerns.
Discover the Benefits of Online Counseling with Thriveworks in Berkeley, CA
The Thriveworks online therapy platform helps make therapy accessible to everyone. Geography and scheduling difficulties shouldn’t place limits on great mental health care. In Berkeley, CA, the providers at Thriveworks excel at meeting clients where they are and getting them support no matter what obstacles might lie in their path.
When you call the Thriveworks office or book online, our highly trained staff can match you to an online counselor or therapist quickly. Most clients can meet with their licensed counselor within 24-48 hours. Sessions with a therapist at Thriveworks begin on-time or early over 97 percent of the time. And as an additional benefit, Thriveworks clients can access their provider by email or phone between live sessions.
Whether a client is suffering from an eating disorder, relationship issues, or an existential crisis, Thriveworks online therapists can help them achieve their goals. Call the office today to book your first appointment with an exceptional online counselor.