Anxiety. It’s easy to describe how it feels to be anxious. We might notice racing thoughts, a pounding heart, maybe even a headache or upset stomach. Anyone can get anxious every so often. But what about anxiety that never goes away? What do we do when overwhelming feelings take over our lives and begin interfering with our relationships, livelihood, and mental health? If your anxiety has gotten to this point, it could be time to seek anxiety therapy.
At Thriveworks in Carrollton, TX we believe that anxiety therapy can be a great solution to the overwhelming feelings and physical sensations that are associated with anxiety. Our qualified team of psychiatrists, psychologists, and client specialists work with you through the entire counseling process step by step. If you’re unfamiliar with counseling, or if you’re in the midst of a struggle with anxiety, schedule a counseling session at our Carrollton office today. By building a connection with one of our mental health professionals, you can learn to better cope with the effects that anxiety brings with it.
Anxiety: Symptoms and Disorders
Anxiety is a familiar feeling for most of us. 40 million Americans (18% of us) will experience an anxiety disorder every year. It’s important to distinguish between what could be an anxiety disorder and transitory anxiousness. An anxiety disorder might constantly afflict sufferers, with little downtime, while occasional anxiety is usually resolved without therapy.
Symptoms of an anxiety disorder might include, but aren’t limited to:
- Feelings of doom
- Difficulty sleeping, to the point of insomnia
- Feeling emotionally drained or possibly short-tempered
- Racing thoughts, uncomfortable thought tangents without end
These are just a few of the effects that an anxiety disorder might cause. Due to the extent that anxiety can inhibit a person’s life, Thriveworks’ psychiatrists can help diagnose and treat an anxiety disorder. Even if medication isn’t wanted or required, our therapists work closely to ensure that everyone receives a custom treatment plan. We even provide industry-leading benefits for those who enroll, such as:
- Flexible scheduling times, including weekend and evening availability
- A free E-book about managing depression
- 24-hr life coach availability so you never have to wait to find answers
- Same and next-day appointments
- Access to Therapy Buddy, our mobile app
We also offer online therapy, where you can meet with your provider or counselor to get the treatment and valued insight you trust, all with the click of a mouse. If you find that anxiety has got you backed into a corner, don’t hesitate to book an appointment with our world-class team of mental health professionals in Carrollton, TX.
Do You Have An Anxiety Disorder?
Anxiety comes in many forms, but some of the most common include:
- Panic Disorder: Panic Disorders are a type of anxiety-related disorder that induces infamous “panic attacks”. Panic Disorders can be triggered by events in the past, present, or future, and can leave sufferers feeling dizzy, nauseous, with tingling in the extremities and the possibility of chest pain and rapid heart rate.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: As the name suggests, this disorder creates feelings of fear and restlessness from being around others. It isn’t limited to just a fear of crowds or public spaces, but those who have it might feel anxious at work, around friends, or even family members
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): The most common of anxiety disorders, this type of anxiety manifests in general settings, and isn’t necessarily triggered by any one event or circumstance. For those who have it, it can be frustrating to pin down exactly what is causing their anxiety, and they may feel a constant undercurrent of unease running throughout their mind.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Though this anxiety disorder has been popularized in movies and tv-shows as something that only affects those with a military background or first responders, PTSD can affect anyone who’s had a traumatic event in their past. This form of anxiety disorder can cause flashbacks and night terrors.
It’s essential to remember that occasional anxiety is not the same as having an anxiety disorder, and just because you’re feeling anxious, that doesn’t mean you’ll be diagnosed. Your Thriveworks counselor can help you deal with anxiety though, in whatever form it manifests in your life. Our treatment plans and options are customized for you—because we know you’re one of a kind.
Experience the Difference with Anxiety Therapy at Thriveworks in Carrollton, TX
When anxiety comes knocking, there’s no need to delay seeking therapy. Your newfound freedom and clarity of mind might mean a night and day difference for individuals suffering from anxiety or anxiety disorders. Instead of facing these issues alone, and making educated guesses about what might be possible, Thriveworks can help you see the light of a new day. We’ll assist you every step of your journey.