The psychologist Noam Shpancer once stated, “Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.” There are an infinite variety of reasons for talking to a mental health counselor, but the main one is this: you’re human. Being human is complicated, especially in today’s society when we’re all connected more than ever. We seem to know more about each other–and less about ourselves–all the time. What would happen if you took time to reflect on your inner life? Maybe this introspection would give you the mental clarity you need to achieve your goals.
But facing our innermost feelings can be hard, which is why we enlist the help of insightful professionals in the mental health field. The online therapists at Thriveworks in Tallahassee, FL are fully licensed therapists who do traditional therapy sessions via Thriveworks’s online therapy platform. This means that clients still receive full-length, high quality sessions with a licensed counselor, psychologist, or another type of provider. Clients can meet face to face with their therapist via secure, HIPAA-compliant video conferencing technology, or speak to their therapist via phone call.
What Are the Advantages of Online Counseling Services?
Online counseling services can come with numerous benefits, as long as they’re legitimate. People need to beware of self-described mental health services that are really unlicensed life coaching or text messaging. At Thriveworks in Tallahassee, FL, online talk therapy is fully licensed and of premium quality. Some advantages of virtual counseling that clients appreciate are the following:
- Scheduling flexibility. Clients aren’t limited to meeting with their provider during office hours. They can meet with providers when it’s most convenient for them, including times in the evening and on the weekends.
- Affordability. Clients don’t have to take off work to drive to a downtown location in order to attend therapy sessions. This can save time and money.
- Comfort and familiarity. Some clients find that it’s easier to open up when they’re at home, in their familiar environment.
- Accommodating for illness or disability. Clients who have difficulty leaving home can still have sessions with their provider.
- Rural access. Clients who live in rural areas can still access a diverse range of providers.
- Freedom. Clients can travel for business or pleasure and still make their therapy appointments.
What Is E-Therapy Like?
E-therapy (or online therapy) is similar to in-person therapy in that it’s a live chat that relies on nonverbal as well as verbal communication. The online therapy program at Thriveworks in Tallahassee, FL can effectively incorporate a broad range of therapeutic approaches like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and couples counseling. As long as you have an internet connection and you know how to click on a link in your email, you’re ready for online therapy. You can do it from your office or couch. You can do it with your cat in your lap or your kids in the next room. And Thriveworks offers an array of licensed providers who can do online sessions:
- Psychiatrists (MDs)
- Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners (PMHNPs)
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs)
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs)
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs)
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs)
If you’re not sure what kind of specialist you need, you can call the Thriveworks office in Tallahassee and get answers to your treatment and provider questions.
What Can an Online Counselor Treat?
Study after study has shown that online counseling can be just as effective as in-person counseling, which is great news for clients who love convenience. At Thriveworks in Tallahassee, FL, providers can treat a number of different mental health conditions, behavioral disorders, life situations, and general issues through online therapy. These issues might include the following:
- Relationship conflicts
- Eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia
- Mood disorders like major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Anxiety disorders
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Acute grief
- Panic disorder and panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Personality disorders
- Post traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Existential crises
- Empty nest syndrome
- Attention difficulties
Get Licensed Counseling Online at Thriveworks in Tallahassee, FL
Because the providers at Thriveworks are fully licensed, nationwide, they accept most major forms of health insurance coverage. If you’re not sure if your insurance company covers therapy, we can help you figure it out on the phone.
Affordable online therapy is real and it’s at Thriveworks in Tallahassee, FL. Whether you’re looking for couples therapy, anxiety therapy, depression counseling, or you just need someone to listen who isn’t a friend or family member, Thriveworks can help. Call today and you can meet with an exceptional provider as early as tomorrow. Our providers are recruited from the top 4% of applicants in the area, ensuring that our clients get the best support. We look forward to hearing from you!