Online Therapy Counseling in Stamford, CT—Online Therapists
Are you experiencing symptoms of depression, anxiety, or another frightening mental illness? Are you and your partner in a tough spot, struggling to resolve relationship issues? Do you feel stressed, unhappy, or unmotivated at work? Is the death of a loved one making it difficult for you to find joy again?
If so, you could benefit from working with a skilled, caring counselor, therapist, or coach. And we offer a convenient, effective option: online counseling. Thriveworks Counseling in Stamford, CT has online counselors who help individuals work through mental health problems, such as those listed above, as well as other issues that we haven’t yet discussed. If you see the value in working with a mental health professional and you want to explore the benefits of online therapy, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling today.
What Is Online Therapy? How Does It Work?
Online therapy proves to be the most convenient mental health service option for many people—especially those who struggle to fit appointments into their busy work schedule. This form of therapy is similar to the in-person approach, except that the therapist and the client attend their session online!
At Thriveworks Counseling in Stamford, CT, you don’t have to worry about whether or not you’re working with a real therapist, or one with the proper licensure and skills. All of the mental health professionals we partner with, including online therapists, are fully licensed and equipped to help you find success in therapy. Now, there are a few options to choose from if you do decide to embark on an online therapy journey. These include:
- Phone counseling: One option—and a popular option at that—is to attend therapy over the phone. You’ll simply agree on a day and time that works for you (as you do with in-person therapy) and then answer the phone when it’s time to have your session!
- Video therapy: Video therapy is another online therapy option. This is similar to phone counseling, in that you pick a day and time to meet with your therapist, and then you do so via video chat.
- Email therapy: This option is the most casual and flexible option. Email therapy is done via email or chat widget and is conducted over a longer period of time. Instead of messaging each other back and forth for a strict 60 minutes, you’ll do so over an extended time period.
Are you interested in what online therapy could do for you? Reach out to Thriveworks Counseling in Stamford, CT to schedule your first appointment.
3 Online Therapy Counseling Benefits
If you’re still contemplating different therapy options and you aren’t sure if you should go with in-person therapy or online therapy, consider the following online therapy benefits:
- Convenience: What many people don’t like about in-person therapy is how long it takes to get there! Even if it is just 20 minutes down the road, time adds up, especially with traffic. They’d prefer to attend therapy from the convenience of wherever they please or happen to be. Online therapy offers this opportunity.
- Comfort: On top of convenience, online therapy allows you to work with your therapist from the comfort of your own home. As long as you have phone or internet access, you’re golden.
- Effectiveness: Online therapy can prove just as effective as in-person therapy. In fact, research shows that online therapy is effective as well as beneficial to many people. And those who do choose online therapy find that they are able to make equal if not better progress with their therapist or counselor.
If these benefits of online therapy stand out to you and you want to hear more about them, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling in Stamford, CT. We’re here to answer any questions you might have.
Work with an Online Therapist at Thriveworks Counseling in Stamford, CT
If you’re in the Stamford, CT area and you’re exploring different therapy options, check out the many mental health services at Thriveworks Counseling in Stamford, CT. We offer both online therapy and in-person therapy. Whichever you choose, your therapist, counselor, or psychologist can help you work through whatever problem is in your way of living the life you desire.
To schedule your appointment, simply give Thriveworks Counseling a call. We’re here to help when you’re ready to get started.