Midlothian, VA Psychiatry – Meet With Board-Certified Psychiatrists
Counseling is designed to help people work through the challenges in life that cause their mental health to decline. From depression therapy and PTSD counseling to life coaching and marriage counseling, mental health professionals dedicate their lives to helping people overcome the things holding them back from living happy, successful lives. When the ups and downs become too hard to tackle with counseling alone, medication can be added into the mix and give people the extra help they need to feel happier and healthier.
I found that every single successful person I’ve ever spoken to had a turning point and the turning point was where they made a clear, specific, unequivocal decision that they were not going to live like this anymore. Some people make that decision at 15 and some people make it at 50.” – Brian Tracy
It doesn’t matter where you are in life, what your mental health journey has looked like before now, or how old you are. Prioritizing your mental health is one of the best decisions you can make. The online psychiatrists and nurse practitioners at Thriveworks Midlothian Counseling have the training, background, and expertise to diagnose and treat the issues you are having. If you feel like medication management might be the right option for you, consider reaching out to our office. We’d love to help you.
What Is Medication Management?
Why is it important to understand your medication’s dosage and effects? The type of medication, how much of a medication you take, and the effects of a medication can drastically change based on a number of factors. If you are looking to start a new medication for the mental illness or challenge you have, a psychiatrist or nurse practitioner is the best person to turn to. They can accurately determine how much of a prescription you should take, what time of the day you should take it, and if you should eat food or not when you take your medication. Not only can they do these things, but they can prescribe you medication that won’t negatively affect you. If you do choose to start a new medication, be sure to:
- Talk to your psychiatrist or nurse practitioner about any medications you are currently taking
- Discuss any allergies or problems you have had with past medications
- Fully understand how much medication you should take and when
- Always take your medication as directed by your provider
- Bring up any questions or concerns you have prior to or while you are taking a new medication
By having an open relationship with your psychiatrist, you can receive the highest level of care. Our providers want to be your partner in your mental health journey and encourage you to ask any questions you have. We want to make this the easiest and most stress-free process possible.
Meeting with an Online Psychiatrist or Nurse Practitioner
No matter your situation or struggle you are facing, our psychiatrists and nurse practitioners at Thriveworks Midlothian are here to help. When taking medication is the right path for you, mood stabilizers, cognitive enhancers, antidepressants, and other medications could be used to help you. If you need to meet with someone about prescribing, changing, or monitoring your psychiatric medication, reach out today. Online counseling also has added benefits, such as:
- You can trust that your Thriveworks Midlothian mental health provider is client-focused, board-certified, compassionate, and caring
- We have flexible scheduling hours available and have availability on the weekends and in the evenings in addition to our regular daytime hours
- You could meet with your provider within 24 hours of the time you place your initial call
- A scheduling specialist will answer the phone when you call and will help you with your scheduling and any questions you have. That’s right, a real person
- You can choose between telephone and video chat counseling
We understand that your schedule can get busy. Here at Thriveworks Midlothian, we can help meet your needs.
Start a Relationship with a Psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Midlothian, VA
If you are ready to get started with a trusted mental health professional, consider reaching out to our office. We have an exceptional team of psychiatrists, therapists, and counselors who have open availability and are ready to start when you are. To get started, just give our office a call at (804) 799-7944 or visit our online booking portal.
We want to help you become the best version of yourself. We look forward to working with you.