Family Therapy in Midlothian, VA—Counseling, Therapy for Families
For most people, their families are their “do-or-dies,” their backbones. Their lives start and end with their family. Each family differs in their culture, beliefs, ethics, social lifestyle—but a similarity amongst many families is their unconditional love for one another.
“A family doesn’t have to be perfect; it just needs to be united.”
There are many unforeseen challenges that can arise and change life in an instant. When unforeseen events happen to one family member, others are affected in some degree as well, sending a shock through the entire family. Not to mention unanticipated occasions, which can blindside and disorient families. Here are a few examples of events that can throw a family into a downward spiral:
- Insufficient communication or no communication has led to hostility or frustration.
- A special needs family member needs particular care and attention.
- Disagreements on parenting styles have left children confused and with behavior problems.
- A financial crisis has left the family scrambling to fill unexpected roles.
- Someone’s anger is taking its toll on other family members.
- Family members have grown apathetic and cold toward one another.
- A cycle of behavior is harming the family over and over again.
When family dynamics are thrown off, it makes life for that family even more difficult, not to mention it hurts every individual’s mental health. In the realm of today’s busy society, life is going a thousand miles a minute—and it’s easy to lose focus on building a strong foundation with your loved ones. At Thriveworks Midlothian, we know that family is important, and we are ready and willing to help your family get back on track. Family therapy at Thriveworks Midlothian offers families a space to learn and grow together.
How Can Therapy Help My Family?
Sometimes, it’s hard to admit that you and your family need help, but the importance of getting your family back on track is unmeasurable. And therapy can be just what you need. The outside perspective and safe space that therapy can provide are the help families need to make progressive steps together. A clinician at Thriveworks Midlothian may be able to help your family by…
- Facilitating conversation to open communication barriers that have formed.
- Using integrated and calming techniques to resolve tension among family members.
- Finding ways for each family member to contribute to the family and receive support from the family.
Because families differ so much, therapists explore how you and your family interact, and develop the best treatment plan for you. The goal of family counseling is to make a safe space for families to come together to overcome their issues.
Schedule Thriveworks Midlothian Family Therapy Today
At Thriveworks Midlothian we want to see families grow and connect with one another. We understand that life throws you curveballs—and it’s hard to adjust to every curveball life throws at you. That is why our clinicians are willing and ready to help. Our counselors can help guide and support you throughout your family’s journey because they know…
- How to create a space for dialogue and compromise.
- That people are not the problem and blame does not help; the problem is the problem
- Empathy and understanding go a long way in creating a connected, happy family.
- How to empower individual family members to express their needs.
At Thriveworks Midlothian, we are ready to help, and new clients can even have their first appointment within 24 hours. We have a no waiting list policy to ensure people can get the help they need when they need it. Additionally, we accept many forms of insurance to best make sure that anyone needing help can obtain that help.
If you feel like your family could benefit from family therapy at Thriveworks Midlothian, give us a call today at (804) 799-7944. We look forward to hearing from you and our family therapists, psychologists look forward to meeting you!