Psychiatry allows people struggling to manage mental conditions or disorders to get access to medications that will make daily functioning easier, as well as work through any mental factors that might be causing or worsening their condition. Though medications can't cure mental disorders, medication can make symptoms more manageable, making the process of psychotherapeutic treatment easier and more effective. Psychiatric care can be available through in-person psychiatry and online psychiatry, depending on where you live and your own preferences. However, psychiatric providers at Thriveworks in Gainesville, FL specifically offer online psychiatry to their clients.
A therapist has an education specifically rooted in therapeutic practice, approaches, techniques, and treatment. They cannot prescribe medications for clients, thought they often refer clients to psychiatrists for medication management. Psychiatrists are medically trained doctors who specialize in mental health treatment, mainly through medication management and prescription, though they can also practice therapy.
Oftentimes, psychiatrists or psychiatric professionals will perform a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, which involves an in-depth discussion about your symptoms, medical history, and current medications. Once they reach a diagnosis, they may suggest starting certain medications depending on your condition and the intensity of your symptoms.
Mark relies heavily on his girlfriend for moral support, but it’s a habit that’s starting to fray their relationship’s boundaries. Though Mark knows that it’s time for him to develop his own coping skills, it feels like the anxious thoughts and worries that plague him during the day just never stop. Although he wants to change, it seems like he doesn’t see a clear path forward.
But now, Mark feels more confident: He’s scheduled a psychiatric session to help address his mental health needs. Mark hopes that by talking with a psychiatrist, he’ll be able to start making progress towards controlling his anxiety. Though it could take some time for him to find relief, simply scheduling his first session feels to Mark like a step in the right direction.
Like Mark, you may also be looking to connect with a psychiatrist for assistance with your own mental health needs. At Thriveworks in Gainesville, FL we have the psychiatric team that can help. Connect with one of our industry-leading professionals and start working towards a better tomorrow.
What Is a Psychiatrist?
At Thriveworks, our psychiatrists are:
- Medical doctors: This means that they use their knowledge of medicine in combination with their therapeutic background. The result is a client experience that’s tailored to their specific situation and set of mental health needs.
- Able to prescribe medication: These prescriptions assist people in managing their mental health issues. While not everyone will need prescription medicine, it’s just another unique way that psychiatry can benefit certain individuals.
- Available online: It’s hard to find time to commute to a psychiatrist’s office while you’re working, balancing family life, and trying to stay on top of other commitments you’ve made. With online psychiatry, say goodbye to not being able to prioritize your mental health needs because of a hectic schedule. Connect from home, the office, or really anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet and the ability to talk privately, online psychiatry can be taken with you.
Psychiatrists are often the best choice for more persistent or severe forms of mental health conditions, especially mood or behavioral disorders like major depression or ADHD.
Should I See an Online Psychiatrist?
While online psychiatry isn’t for everyone, many every day people meet with our psychiatrists for assistance with a variety of mental health conditions, including:
- Eating disorders
- Social anxiety
Don’t worry if your specific condition or circumstance isn’t listed. These are only a few of the many different mental health conditions that our psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Gainesville, FL can help you with. And by talking with them openly and honestly, you can ensure that your psychiatrist gets the information they need to better understand your situation. And with Thriveworks, our psychiatric program is 100% virtual, which means you can look forward to perks like:
- Being able to connect anywhere: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session.
- Prioritizing yourself, too: Online therapy is an easy way for those who take care of elderly relatives or watch children to be able to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- Lessening your session anxiety: For some, meeting virtually is less stressful than meeting your provider in person. Online psychiatry can make treatment more comfortable.
- Attending convenient, flexible session times: For those who are busy, traveling, or just tired, getting the psychiatric services you need shouldn’t be harder. We offer weekend and evening session times, just for you.
Schedule an Online Psychiatry Session with Thriveworks in Gainesville, FL
If you think you might benefit from talking with a psychiatrist, give our Gainesville team a call to get started. Psychiatric services with Thriveworks are discrete, convenient, and secure—each virtual session is fully protected by HIPAA. In addition to protecting your information, we’ve also tailored our scheduling process to be as easy and straightforward as possible. To help get you started, our staff of scheduling specialists is available seven days a week by phone to assist you.
With their help, everything from setting up your insurance to booking your first session can be easily accomplished. And choosing to become a Thriveworks client opens the door to a wide variety of benefits, including:
- A fast response time from your provider’s office. Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
- Flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Access to our Therapy Buddy app.
- Ask a life coach a question, with our Q&A chat feature.
Dealing with mental health conditions and challenges isn’t something you need to do alone—if online or in-person psychiatric care sounds like it could improve your quality of life, our office in Gainesville, FL is waiting for your call. Experience the benefits and relief that online psychiatry can offer to you.