Frankie knows that something is wrong with her mental health, but it’s hard to put her finger on what’s bothering her. For the past several months, everything has seemed to slowly slip into a downward spiral, causing her to lessen contact with friends, family, even her boyfriend. While the people she loves are concerned about her wellbeing, Frankie doesn’t seem to care as much as they do—in fact, she doesn’t seem to care at all.
But Frankie knows that she needs to make a change and she’s worried that she has depression. That’s why she’s booking a depression therapy session to talk with a mental health professional. Although she’s never been to therapy before, she hopes that talking with a therapist or counselor will unlock new perspectives and coping methods to help her stay on track, and keep her mental health in place.
Like Frankie, you may also be looking to find relief from the emotional pain caused by depression symptoms. At Thriveworks in Gainesville, FL we offer depression therapy, counseling, and psychiatric care for people of all ages. Whether you’re new to mental health services or are switching providers, Thriveworks has the mental health professional from you. Discover the difference that talking with a provider at Thriveworks could make in your fight against depression.
Am I Depressed?
Depression is like many other mental health conditions: It may manifest differently for everyone, so trying to compare symptoms won’t necessarily work. But with that in mind, there are several common signs that might indicate that you’re experiencing depression, including:
- Distancing oneself from loved ones and friends
- Overeating or avoiding eating
- Lack of self-care (i.e. personal hygiene or a clean living environment)
- Drug or alcohol abuse to cope with emotional pain
- A noted lack of interest in sex, hobbies, or relationships
- Decreased work performance
- Feeling chronically fatigued
If you’re currently experiencing emotional turmoil or pain, it may seem tempting to self-diagnose yourself, but only a trained professional, like one of our providers, can help to give you an accurate mental health diagnosis. In fact, it’s their job to do so. And the more you share with your therapist or counselor in depression therapy, the better able they will be to help you manage your mental health needs.
Who Can Help Treat My Depression?
Both our psychologists and our psychiatrists help everyday people to manage depression. However, each provider type has a different treatment approach and can assist you in coping with depression in different ways. As a general rule, more severe cases of depression are often treated by psychiatrists, while more general cases are managed with the assistance of a psychologist.
Therapists or counselors can help those who are suffering from depression by:
- Using talk and behavioral therapy to implement coping strategies for clients
- Creating a professional connection with their client to better understand their depression
- Serving as a verbal and emotional outlet for those burdened by this mood disorder
Psychiatrists, on the other hand, have a different approach. Psychiatrists are:
- Medical doctors who are also licensed to conduct therapy sessions
- Able to use helpful prescription medicine and therapy as needed to assist people
Regardless of the mental health professional that you’re paired with, their goal will be to assist you with reducing the harmful effects of depression on your daily life. Your treatment preferences will be taken into consideration, and your provider type and choice will be ultimately left up to you.
Schedule Depression Therapy with Thriveworks in Gainesville, FL Today
Don’t struggle with depression alone—Call Thriveworks in Gainesville, FL to get started and to be matched with a mental health professional. We’ll pair you with a provider that has the experience and professional insight you need to help you cope with depression.
Give us a call to find the provider you need, and begin the scheduling process; you’ll be assisted by our scheduling specialists every step of the way. When you’ve become a Thriveworks client, you’ll have access to an array of exclusive benefits, including:
- Online therapy options
- High-touch support from scheduling specialists, seven days a week
- Our Therapy Buddy app to help measure your progress
- Our flexible cancellation policy: Call ahead of your scheduled time to cancel, free of charge
- Same and next day availability with your therapist or counselor
Without treatment, depression could put distance between you and the people and things you’re closest to. Thankfully getting help is as easy as picking up the phone, or booking online. So consider Thriveworks in Gainesville, FL for help in treating depression.