The late psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi once stated, “A joyful life is an individual creation that cannot be copied from a recipe.” Because we’re all unique, we often take different pathways to happiness. What worked to help your friend recover from depression may not work for you. The strategies that helped you build resilience may not work for your friend. Everyone has different approaches to learning to thrive.
People might gather insights about their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors from books and websites, but nothing compares to what you can learn one-on-one in individual counseling sessions. That is because a licensed therapist can help you delve more deeply into your psyche and your autobiography. The online therapists at Thriveworks in Hoffman Estates, IL are fully licensed therapists who do traditional therapy via a secure, online therapy platform.
In video conferencing sessions at Thriveworks, you’re still meeting your therapist face to face in full sessions with a licensed provider. But these live chats can take place from anywhere: your home, your office, or across the country. Thriveworks online counseling is a comfortable, convenient, and effective way to get the personalized talk therapy that can help you achieve your goals.
Does Online Counseling Really Work?
Research has shown that clients and counselors alike are just as satisfied with the results of online counseling as they are with in-person therapy. This is because there’s little to sacrifice and much to gain by meeting your Thriveworks mental health provider virtually. At Thriveworks in Hoffman Estates, IL, clients appreciate the following benefits of mental health counseling that takes place online:
- Sessions are full-length, not brief chats conducted via text message or phone call.
- Clients often have more scheduling flexibility because they’re not limited to office hours. For example, they can meet their provider on evenings or weekends.
- Clients may not need to take time off work or hire babysitters to make their appointments.
- Individuals, couples, and families can all meet online with minimal coordination.
- Clients can still make their sessions even if they’re traveling.
- Clients in rural areas or remote locations can still meet easily with premium mental health providers.
- Sessions can still take place if someone has mobility issues from a mental health condition or a physical disability.
What Can an Online Counselor Treat?
An online counselor can treat most mental health conditions and life issues that an in-person therapist can treat. Online therapy sessions at Thriveworks in Hoffman Estates, IL can cover the following issues, and many more:
- Eating disorders
- Social anxiety
- Career stress and burnout
- Substance abuse problems
- Relationship conflicts
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD)
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Attention difficulties like attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Life transitions
- Sleep difficulties like insomnia
- Behavioral problems
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Can I See a Psychiatrist Online?
Board-certified psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Hoffman Estates, IL can meet with clients online for comprehensive sessions. They can diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental health conditions like depression and anxiety via the HIPAA-compliant online platform. They can also prescribe medication and manage medication with follow-up appointments. In addition to psychiatrists (MDs), Thriveworks also employs a number of other mental health providers who can meet with clients through online sessions:
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs)
- Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners (PMHNPs)
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs)
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs)
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs)
How Do I Choose a Therapist?
You should keep a few main criteria in mind when you’re choosing a therapist:
- Be sure the therapist is fully licenced in your state. At Thriveworks, all providers are fully licensed, nationwide.
- Be sure the therapist has experience in your issue. At Thriveworks in Hoffman Estates, IL, mental health providers have numerous specialties. These might be approaches like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and LGBTQ+ couples therapy, or issues like postpartum depression and phobias.
- Be sure the therapist is affordable. Thriveworks providers accept most major forms of health insurance coverage. They also offer competitive self-pay rates for clients who are paying out of pocket.
- Be sure the online counselor can meet with you quickly. You don’t want to wait months for an appointment if you’re in distress. Thriveworks providers can often meet with new clients within 24-48 hours after their initial phone call or online booking.
Get Licensed Counseling Online at Thriveworks in Hoffman Estates, IL
Everyone deserves to see a premium mental health provider when they’re experiencing psychological or behavioral issues. Fortunately, affordable and exceptional care is just a phone call away at Thriveworks in Hoffman Estates, IL. Our providers are recruited from the top 4% of applicants in the Chicago area. And clients can access their therapists by phone or email between sessions. If you ever decide to try in-person therapy, Thriveworks providers offer that too at the modern clinic in Hoffman Estates.
Call today to get superior support on your mental health journey. We look forward to hearing from you!