Jessica is a college professor with two kids, a husband, and a to-do list that never seems to end. She wakes before sunrise to run then works with her husband to get their children ready for school. Between making breakfast, packing lunches, and locating keys, it’s an hour-long struggle to get everyone up and out of the door. From there, it’s a 15-minute commute to the kids’ school before her thirty-minute commute to work.
During her workday, Jessica travels between department buildings to teach classes and meet with her colleagues. At the end of the day, she takes a longer commute home. After dinner, chatting with her family, and grading assignments, the day is just about over. But not before her phone call with her therapist. Even on her busiest days, she makes time to take care of her mental health.
Sometimes it feels like we’re running a marathon. Between driving to work, school, the grocery store, the gym, and back home again, we spend a lot of our time on the go. One of the biggest barriers to wellness care is the belief that we simply don’t have time for one more activity.
But online counseling changes that. Because there’s no commute time, you’ll save time in your busy day while receiving the care you deserve. And speaking to a licensed counselor virtually can remove some of the nerves of meeting someone new while still providing personalized and professional treatment.
We know that life gets busy. But our emotional and mental wellbeing isn’t something we can afford to ignore. If traditional therapy has been out of reach because of time constraints, social anxiety, or accessibility reasons, chatting with a provider via phone or video may be right for you.
When you schedule your appointment with us at Thriveworks, you’ll receive our undivided attention no matter where you’re calling from. To get started, reach out to our Gresham, OR staff. We can’t wait to speak with you.
Online Therapy Options — What Kinds of Therapy Are Offered?
The same emotional and mental wellness options you expect during an in-person therapy session are available online, too. Your licensed mental health professional will be able to cover any of the following topics:
- Stress and anger management
- Loss and grief counseling
- Depression and anxiety therapy
- Couples therapy and marriage counseling
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- PTSD counseling and trauma therapy
- Family therapy and child therapy
- Career counseling and life coaching
- Eating disorder counseling
These and other topics can be discussed through phone calls or video chats between you and your provider.
What Are the Benefits of Virtual Therapy?
Online therapy offers the same quality care you would receive during a face-to-face meeting but with added benefits. Many clients choose to see an online therapist for the following reasons:
- Increased flexibility. Meeting virtually allows you to schedule a meeting during a smaller window of time. Clients can chat during lunch breaks, between classes, or after they’ve put their children to bed.
- Increased comfort. If you’re nervous about attending therapy in person, speaking to a provider over the phone or by video allows you to control exactly where and when you want to join your session.
- Increased accessibility. Do you live outside of town? Talking over the phone or online allows you to save commuting time, which you can then repurpose for other tasks or downtime.
To speak to your Gresham, OR provider virtually, choose between video chatting or a phone conversation. If you select to chat via video, you’ll receive a secure link from your provider. When it’s time for your scheduled meeting, simply click on the link to get started. If you select a phone conversation instead, your provider will phone you at your scheduled appointment time.
Schedule to Meet With an Online Therapist at Thriveworks
At Thriveworks in Gresham, OR, we understand that your time is important. That’s why we’ve created convenient virtual therapy options that meet you where you are. We even offer weekend and evening counseling sessions to accommodate your busy schedule.
Additionally, we offer the following benefits:
- Online video content
- An online life coach Q&A
- Counselor-moderated online discussion board
- A flexible cancellation policy
- Text message support services
If you’re a new client, you may be able to make an appointment to be seen within 24 to 48 hours. We also accept insurance from a number of major health insurance providers.
We value you and your time. That’s why we make the counseling process as smooth as possible. Schedule an appointment with a licensed professional today in Gresham, OR to begin your wellness journey. We can’t wait to get started with you.