Benjamin Franklin once stated, “When the well is dry, we know the worth of water.” This quote can be applied to mental health as well. Sometimes we don’t recognize what good shape our brains were in until we’re depressed or anxious. Then we long for the days when our daily routines weren’t disrupted by mental issues. The well is dry, and we need to be replenished. That’s where a professional therapist can help. And fortunately, you don’t have to go far these days to get the benefits of premium psychological counseling. You can do therapy sessions from your own home.
Online counseling at Thriveworks in Tigard, OR is a convenient and effective way to get the expert insights and guidance you need without having to travel to a mental health clinic. The online licensed counselors at Thriveworks can adapt their traditional therapy methods to work just as well virtually, through a secure telehealth connection, as they can in-person.
Can I Get Effective Therapy Over the Internet?
There once was a time when people didn’t know they could work remotely, take classes remotely, and see doctors remotely. But now the secure, state-of-the-art software is in place to enable complex communication via videoconferencing. The online counselors at Thriveworks in Tigard, OR are fully licensed to deliver premium mental health care over the internet, benefiting their clients in the following ways:
- Saving time and money because clients may not need to take time off work, hire babysitters, or travel to attend counseling sessions.
- Giving clients more scheduling options for appointments, like evenings and weekends.
- Making it easier to get everyone in the same place at the same time for family therapy or couples therapy.
- Allowing clients to stay within their familiar surroundings, which can help them open up emotionally.
- Allowing clients to continue sessions even if they’re traveling for work or pleasure.
- Allowing clients to meet with therapists even when they’re worried about spreading germs or viruses.
- Allowing therapists to meet with their clients even when the latter are suffering from the acute symptoms of anxiety, depression, or another mental health disorder, making it hard for them to leave home.
- Helping clients in rural communities access premium mental health services.
- Avoiding the waiting room.
- Freeing up clients to choose a counselor who specializes in their specific issue, even if that counselor doesn’t live nearby.
What Can an Online Counselor or Therapist Treat?
Unless someone is in acute crisis, an online counselor at Thriveworks in Tigard, OR can treat pretty much everything that an in-person counselor can treat. For example, Thriveworks clients book virtual sessions with their licensed mental health providers for the following issues, and many more:
- Eating disorders
- Panic attacks
- Medication management
- Marital conflicts
- Parenting difficulties
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD)
- Midlife crises
- Empty nest syndrome
- Sex addiction
- Substance abuse
Licensed online therapy is a legitimate treatment for a wide variety of mental health disorders, psychological concerns, life issues, and traumatic events. Sessions can take place over phone calls or video sessions.
Where Can I Find an Online Psychiatrist?
The licensed clinical psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Tigard, OR are qualified to offer psychiatry sessions online. In telepsychiatry sessions, Thriveworks clients receive exceptional care from the comfort of their own homes. Thriveworks psychiatrists can diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental health disorders in these virtual sessions. They can also prescribe psychotropic medication like antidepressants, and meet clients for follow-up appointments to manage medications and modify doses or drugs as needed. Thriveworks psychiatrists are all medical doctors who accept most health insurance plans, making their sessions affordable.
Discover the Many Benefits of Online Counseling at Thriveworks in Tigard, OR
The Thriveworks online therapy platform brings exceptional counselors and deserving clients together so clients can get the psychological support they need to achieve their goals in life. Whether you’re a family that can’t stop fighting, a young professional who’s thinking about changing careers, or a new mom who’s suffering from postpartum depression, Thriveworks in Tigard, OR has a mental health provider who can help.
When you call the Thriveworks office, our staff will match you to a counselor quickly. Most clients can meet with their provider for an initial session within 24-48 hours. Thriveworks clients also benefit from email and phone access to their providers between sessions. If clients ever choose to come into the office instead of meeting their counselor online, they can hold affordable sessions at one of Thriveworks’ modern mental health clinics.
Online counseling can be a great way to open up to your therapist and talk about everything from your feelings to the bad manners of a pet cat who keeps jumping into your lap. Call the Thriveworks office today during extended business hours and reach a human being, not a voicemail, who can help match you to the right online counselor. We look forward to hearing from you.