Have you ever heard of online therapy? Yes, it’s exactly what you think it is! Online therapy counseling allows you to work with your provider through the internet. Instead of working with them face-to-face at their office, you work with your counselor from the comfort and convenience of home or anywhere else you prefer. You just have to make sure you have phone service or internet access when the time comes to attend your session, in one of the following ways:
- Over the phone
- Via videoconferencing
These options have proven to help people overcome their specific challenges. That said, it all comes down to finding the right therapy option for you! If you value face-to-face interactions, videoconferencing might be the most effective therapy option for you; however, if you’d rather not be on camera, working with your counselor over the phone might be the better online therapy approach for you.
If you are interested in online therapy and what it could do for you, reach out to Thriveworks Charleston, SC online counseling. We can set you up with one of our online counselors as soon as today or tomorrow. We’re also here if you have questions about the services offered at Thriveworks Charleston. In either case, give us a call at (843) 480-4034. We’ll be happy to assist you.
5 Benefits of Online Counseling
If you’re considering online counseling, it’s important that you factor in all of the benefits! For example, here are 5 good reasons to try online counseling:
- It’s the convenient option: No matter where you reside, be it in the country or in the city, you probably spend a decent amount of time traveling to and from your counseling appointments! Maybe even more time than you do in your actual sessions. Online therapy removes the distance, the commute, the time it takes to get to and form. This equals optimal convenience, as well as comfort!
- It’s tested and effective: Choosing to work with your counselor online does not mean sacrificing any progress you would make in-person. Decades of research show that online therapy can prove just as effective as in-person counseling. In addition, online counseling dates back to the 1950s when the first mental health hotline emerged. Today, of course, there are more online therapy options than ever before.
- It’s affordable: Online counseling is also an affordable option. Many people worry that because it appears to be a revolutionary, new service, it will be more expensive. This is not the case. Many insurance companies now cover online mental health services. Not to mention that here at Thriveworks Charleston, SC, we have affordable self-pay options, too.
- It offers flexibility: Online therapy also offers greater flexibility when it comes to scheduling your appointment. In other words, you’ll likely be able to schedule your appointment more quickly and you’ll have more options to choose from than you would in in-person counseling.
- It makes counseling easier: Thriveworks Charleston offers a safe, judgment-free space for opening up and working through your problems. Still, many people struggle to open up to their therapist or counselor in-person. Online therapy is the solution to this problem. It helps people feel more comfortable and excel in the therapeutic process.
In summary, online counseling offers convenience, comfort, and affordability. Additionally, it can help you open up to your counselor with greater ease and in turn prove even more effective than in-person therapy. Again, it’s all about finding the therapy option that’s right for you and your needs. If you’re interested in exploring what online counseling could do for you, reach out to Thriveworks Charleston.
Work with an Online Counselor at Thriveworks Charleston, SC
Online counseling is rising in popularity and prevalence. It is the convenient counseling option and it helps to eliminate external factors that might get in your way of attending your in-person appointment, such as the commute, bad weather, car trouble, and more. If you’re interested in trying online therapy, reach out to Thriveworks Charleston, SC today. Call (843) 480-4034 when you’re ready to set up an appointment or to talk to our scheduling team about all of the mental health services we offer! We look forward to it.