Counseling. Psychotherapy. Marriage Counseling. Child therapy. Just hearing these words may provoke many varied images and thoughts in our heads, some good and some bad.
There is no reason to feel anxious when considering these options, but we understand why that could be the case. While some people seek a qualified and experienced counselor or therapist as more of a routine preventative measure or for an objective perspective on how they could better achieve their goals, many people look to counseling only after the suffering becomes more than unbearable.
Being in such a difficult place and then having to go through the potentially frustrating process of calling various offices, leaving voicemails and waiting for a return call to see if they have any available appointments (or even accept your insurance) makes matters much worse. This process should not be frustrating, that’s why at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Birmingham, we make it a priority to get you into your first session as soon as possible.
More often than not, our first-time clients meet their psychologist, coach, or therapist within 24 hours of speaking with our friendly scheduling specialists. Call us to schedule a first appointment with Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Birmingham just outside of Detroit, MI. We’ll get you set up with in-person counseling, online therapy, or telepsychiatry.
Is Therapy or Counseling Right for Me?
We understand that making the decision to pursue counseling can cause anxiety and fear. While making this call can be very difficult, it can also be one of the best and most proactive steps you can take. We believe that individuals, couples, families, and children have the potential to thrive in life.
Perhaps you’re going through a scenario similar to one of the following:
- A close friend or family member has died and the grief is affecting your relationships and career
- Missed opportunities and past mistakes occupy your mind, making it difficult to accomplish day-to-day tasks and move forward
- You and your family have recently relocated to a new city and your once happy-go-lucky child is having a hard time adjusting to changing schools
- You’re wanting to get married and the officiate has required you to get premarital (or pre-engagement) counseling
- You feel like you’re living the same day over and over, and want your life to move in a new direction
- Your spouse has been unfaithful and you’re not sure what to do — you love your partner but don’t know if you could ever learn to trust him or her ever again
Are you looking for therapy in Michigan? Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Birmingham wants to help. Big or small, we all experience hardships at various times and to various degrees. The most important thing, however, is that we acknowledge that there are professionals who have helped others in similar situations and can do the same for you.
Schedule Therapy or Psychiatry at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Birmingham
If you are struggling with a challenge that is harming your mental health and well-being, consider working with a therapist, counselor, clinical social worker, psychiatrist, or life coach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Birmingham.
We have skilled, caring therapists on staff who want to help you live a better life. We also have various counseling options, including in-person therapy and virtual counseling. Finally, we have next-day appointments available—to schedule your first therapy or counseling appointment, just give us a call. We have extended hours on the weekends and in the evenings—we will get you scheduled with a provider as soon as possible. And we accept most major health insurance plans. We look forward to meeting you!