Reneè recently moved to a new city, and after saying goodbye to her social circle, she’s been lonely while readjusting. She makes sure to talk to her friends on the phone or to video chat as much as she can, but it’s not always enough. She’s started dating again too but hasn’t really found anyone that she’s interested in. While her work and physical health are doing okay, she feels like something is just off.
With more time on her hands now than when she was younger, Reneé is interested in how the potential benefits of talking to a psychologist might help her readjust to moving to a new city. While she’s nervous about talking with a professional, she’s also aware that having their help could make a big difference in stabilizing her mental health. Plus, she loves virtual communication, and knows that many providers are available online to talk with; that might help with the jitters she feels about speaking in person.
Like Reneé, perhaps you’ve been wondering what a psychologist can do to help you with your mental health concerns. Maybe you’re also anxious about what talking to a provider will be like. At Thriveworks in Beaumont, TX, talking to one of our psychologists is easy, and you’ll be connecting with a new and powerful ally. If you’re interested, our psychological team can help you get back on the right track as you learn to balance your emotions and manage your needs.
What Does a Psychologist Do?
Psychologists are often commonly referred to as counselors or therapists. Their job is to connect with clients through talk or behavioral therapy sessions. These sessions aim to help everyday people (like yourself) become better equipped to deal with life’s ups and downs in real-time. Some of the common situations or conditions that our team of psychologists in Beaumont, TX help with include:
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
These are just a few of the many different scenarios that a psychologist can help with, so don’t feel defeated if your situation hasn’t been listed above. In fact, your unique perspective and mental health needs can become part of your treatment plan by sharing your experience with a psychologist. When you do so, they get the feedback they need to understand your mental health needs, and can team up with you to create coping strategies that work as you move forward.
Plus, if your mental health needs are related to family or relationship difficulties, group counseling might be a consideration for you. Counseling or therapy sessions with a psychologist can help to improve your:
- Relationship or marital problems
- Family relationship
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills and ability to compromise
Work with Your Psychologist in Online Counseling
For those who are seeking extra flexibility and convenience, consider our online therapy or counseling services. They’re a great way to:
- Avoid the anxiety or embarrassment that arise for some during in-person sessions.
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session.
You can also rest easy, knowing that our virtual sessions are still protected by the same rigorous privacy guidelines set forth by HIPAA and the APA. Your personal information is secure and safe, so you can make the most out of your sessions without having to worry.
Call Thriveworks in Beaumont, TX to Schedule a Session and Connect with a Psychologist
With the assistance and expert insight of a psychologist at Thriveworks in Beaumont, TX, getting relief from mental health issues and conditions has never been easier. And while deciding to seek therapy or counseling might be a solo decision, there’s no need to face your mental health challenges alone.
When you decide to call our office in Beaumont, TX to begin, you’ll be assisted in the enrollment process by one of our scheduling specialists. They’re available seven days a week to help you with finding the perfect time for your sessions, the right provider, or even with setting up your insurance to cover costs.
Plus, enrolling with us offers a great variety of exclusive benefits just for you, including:
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
- Same day cancellations and booking
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- Online therapy options
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
Connecting with a psychologist might be a great way to help you balance your mental health. If you’re interested in being paired with a psychologist at Thriveworks in Beaumont, TX, don’t hesitate to reach out today.